Chapter One.

Partying is a way of life.

I awoke with possibly the biggest hangover I'd ever experienced as this thought ran through my mind. Did I really just think that? I wondered. Hm. It sounded kinda catchy. Like something you'd read out of a book or read on the Internet.

I struggled to remember what happened last night -- it was my best friend Breanna's sweet sixteen bash, AKA the party of the year -- and came up with nothing. I just remembered Keegan Samuels spilling a beer all over me . . . Making out with multiple guys, although I didn't remember which ones . . . Multiple people trying to do a keg stand, and failing miserably . . . Breanna going into a room alone with Ben Whitman . . . 

Whoa, wait. Ben Whitman? By far the hottest senior at Chester Springs High? The one who was the captain of the football team (and knew how to pull off football pants quite well, I might add)?That Ben Whitman? Man, I'd have to ask Breanna for deets later. That put her way ahead of me in the competition to see who could get with the most hot guys by the end of the year.

I got up slowly so as not to trigger the nausea I could feel building up in the pit of my stomach. I was sprawled on the couch in a way that was not natural. Bre lay on the floor, almost unmoving, with a pack of Marlboros in her hand. A few more people were strewn out all over the house, asleep in a way that was almost creepy. Like I was a zombie in a mansion full of dead people.

I washed my face in Bre's super luxurious bathroom. I brushed my teeth, because I could still taste Smirnoff in the back of my throat. My hair was still a mess, my makeup smeared, and I smelled like weed, alcohol, and sweat -- but that was okay. I was still a lot more decent than anyone else in this house, and comparatively I looked like I was going to meet the queen.

I wasn't sure what to do. I wasn't tired anymore, but every room was filled with hungover sleeping people. Nate Johnson had even passed out in the downstairs bathroom, his arms hanging out over the side of the giant garden tub. 

So I decided to clean up. I went around the upstairs first, gathering plastic red cups, beer bottles, cigarette butts, and whatever else I happened to find. I had to stifle a giggle when I saw Melissa Earhart asleep on top of the dining room table, with nothing on but her bra and panties, a joint hanging out of the side of her mouth. Yep, these were classic parties thrown by Bre and I.

I was washing my hands when I felt a pair of hands place themselves on either side of my torso. I jumped a little bit and turned my head to see who it was. Mason Centers. The second hottest sophomore at Chester Springs. I quickly rinsed my hands and wiped them off my shirt. I turned to face him. 

"Hello," I said sarcastically. 

He smirked, and seeing that reminded me he was one of the guys I'd made out with last night. In fact . . . We may have even done more. I couldn't remember.

"You look cute," he laughed. He gave me a once-over, and then grabbed my ass, pulling me into him. "Want me to show you how fun it can be when we're the only two awake?"

He smelled awful, and his eyes were bloodshot, but that didn't discourage me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. Damn, he was a good kisser. Maybe even better than me. 

He picked me up and set me on the kitchen counter, and my legs slipped around his body. Hm, being the only two awake was fun. The only thing that would make this better was if Weezy was blaring and I had a big cold bottle of vodka to keep me buzzed. But I'd settle for this. 

The back of my mind absently wondered how many guys I'd hooked up with last night. I wasn't even going to lie -- I looked damn cute last night. Bre had curled my long black hair, and I had picked out the perfect outfit. An adorable denim miniskirt and an off-the-shoulder, long sleeved top. I had started out the night wearing blue stillettos to match my blouse, but those had come off early in the party. My makeup had been utterly perfect (thanks to Bre, again) and I had giant hoop earrings that projected a sexy look I couldn't exactly describe. When Mason pulled back for some air, I felt my earlobes. Only one of my earrings was in. Oh well.