Star-crossed lovers

Keaden's pov

"Keaden!!!!!" I could hear my mother's, shrill whistle like voice, Sounding through out the castle.

I shoved my ear buds back in my ears and hoped my mom gave up on trying to get me out of bed. Just as I started to wish, of course my mother burst through the door... Lady like and proper of course.

I tugged out my ear phones and smiled at her. "Good morning mother. Sleep well?" I asked her with fake politeness. She shot me a glare I so gladly earned. I just smiled at her and got out of bed.

"Today is your fifteenth birthday!" She said with mock excitement. She pulled out a few dresses and walked out to let me pick and choose the dress I wanted.

I started to pick out a white lace dress. But a shimmer of blue caught my eye. I pulled out a beautiful blue gown with white lace.

After I put it on I heard a voice from the door. "That's the same dress I wore when I first met your father..." I spun around to see my mother there with a somewhat of a proud gleam in her eyes.

I knew it wouldn't last long, so I savored it for the limited time it was gonna last. She smiled at me and motioned for me to sit down so she could do my hair.

I sat down on the red plush chair, and mother began to twist my hair into a elegant bun. I watched her facial expressions as they hardened with each twist. Stifling a sigh, I thought to myself 'Not so proud now are you mother?'