School: The Bane of My Existence

Danny's POV

"Ahh, school, where the people are secretly demons. Where are the Shadowhunters when you need them? Yes, everyone, it's back to school for me. Yaayy.... I made a T-shirt specifically for this day. It says, "HIGH SCHOOL: THE ONE PLACE WHERE BEGINNER HOOKERS CONGREGATE" It's pretty amazing. There's a taco on the back. I drew it on. It's literally perfection." I typed out on my phone. I was up at two in the morning, making the first post of the day for my blog. After I posted it, I rolled over and stared at the wall. Today is gonna suck ass. More school, more work, more of seeing the same peasants that can't appreciate my amaze-balls self. Back to hell. Back to stinky teachers. Back to jocks that snatch at every girl for a quickie. Ughhh, I wish school was an alien training camp or something. No one can be bored by aliens. Sigh. Life is so unfair. I flopped onto my back and stared at the ceiling, the ceiling I painted clouds and flying pizza on. Oh, the memories. Oh, the pizza, I mentally corrected myself.

After staring at the wall for an hour, I fell asleep and woke up once more at seven. Jumping out of bed, I started getting ready for school. Picking up my special shirt and a pair of black skinny jeans, I walked over to the bathroom and put them on. I put my happy cat socks and slipped on my Vans. I slung my messenger bag over my shoulder, picked up my phone and walked out of my bedroom. Skipping down the stairs, I was pleasantly greeted by the smell of pancakes and bacon. Yasssss, screamed my inner fangirl.

My mom stood by the stove, her hair a frizzy mess. My dear old mum always making sure I eat healthy. Gotta love the woman. She turned to me and asked," You were serious when you said you would were that shirt to school?" "Hells yeah, why wouldn't I?" I replied, frowning. "My shirt is amazing, I have to showcase it for school!" I exclaimed. Mom just rolls her eyes at me. "Hurry up and eat something, and go wake up your sister." she said, shooing me with her hands. "ELLA, YOU LAZY WHOVIAN, GET YOUR LAZY BUM DOWN HERE!" I scream at the bottom of the stairs. "Argharghargh" she replied. "Okay then." I yelled back.

I turned back to my mother and said, "She's coming." I smiled sweetly, and she rolled her eyes at me. "I'll never understand you two and your communication." she sighed. I smiled at her and stuffed my face hole with glorious food. My phone buzzed in my back pocket. I took it out and saw the screen flash with my best friend's name. You have one message from Jamie Bear the screen read. I opened the message and read it. It said, "Yo bitch, guess who's outside your driveway right now??" Grinning, I typed back, "A bunny with a bazooka? Just a guess.." I paused to inhale more food, then hit send. A moment later he replies, "It's debatable. I mean, I am hairy enough to be a bunny.." I laughed, and Ella chose that moment to walk into the kitchen. "What's funny? James?" she asked, picking up her breakfast. "Who else?" I said, rolling my eyes.

The doorbell rang, and I ran over to it, screaming, "I GOT IT." "GOT WHAT?" Jamie screamed from outside. "I GOT THAT HOT TWITTER THANG AND HOT PANTS." I yelled back. Ella looked at me strangely, not that I minded, I mean it's not every day you get to weird out your own twin. I cherish those moments. I swung the door open dramatically and yelled, "The arrival of James Hall and his sexy car, Thestral, named after the flying death horses in the Harry Potter series. Named this because he never washed his car and it went from white to black." "HA, you're FUNNY." he said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Aw, I love you too." I said, reaching over to pinch his cheek.
"Okay, my little munchkins, let's get this show on the road!" my mom said, clapping her hands together. "Out of the house and into the hellhole." Ella said unhappily.

"Ooh rah!" Jamie said, laughing at her expression. I stared at her outfit, noticing it for the first time. "You're going to school in THAT?" I exclaimed. My twin was wearing a mini skirt and a really tight top paired with black high heels. Her green eyes that looked so much like mine were lined with bold eyeliner and her eyelashes were crusted over with mascara. Her now short brown hair curled and bounced to her shoulders. She gave me an impatient eye roll and said "Yes" in the most snappy fashion ever. "Okay then, it's your funeral." I muttered under my breath.
Not even with a foot in the school and my sister was already conforming to the mainstream look. I could tell this was gonna be a bad year.