BOOK TEASER: Waiting [KathNiel]

"How do you look at someone you love and tell them it's time to walk away?"

                                                                                                -The Vow

PROLOGUE

She was sitting on a bench near the playground. The playground, a very special and memorable place for her. She smiled bitterly; this will again be a memorable place for her. For the both of them. She sighed deeply; a decision came into her mind that would change her life completely. She closed her eyes, stopping the tears that are threatening to come out.

“Babe…”

She doesn’t need to open her eyes to recognize the owner of that voice. She felt him sat beside her, slowly she opened her eyes yet she didn’t look at his direction.

“I’m sorry I am late. How long did you wait?”

Does it matter how long I’ve been waiting? She wanted to answer him that but chose not to.

“Not that long.” Liar. She said to herself.

“So, umm… What did you want to talk about?” His voice was a little nervous. How could he not? This is the first time she saw her girlfriend being serious. He saw her took a deep breath and stared at the blue sky.

“John… I’m breaking up with you.” Her voice was shaky yet you can sense that she meant these words to come out of her mouth. Pain was evident in both of them.

“Wh-what? Why?” She closed her eyes, she doesn’t want to cry in front of him. But then again, her eyes betrayed her, her emotions betrayed her. A tear fell down on her cheeks. She took a deep breath and looked at him in the eye.

“I’m sorry John, but I can’t take this anymore. I’ve been waiting for too long, too long that my love isn’t enough to heal the pain this has been causing.” Now a tear fell down his cheeks.

“If this is about me being late, then I’m sorry but please, Denise don’t leave me. I’ll make it up to you, I promise but please don’t leave me.” He said while tightly holding her hand.

“No, John… This is not about you and being late. It’s just that I’m tired of waiting for you to slip my name on the list of your priorities. I love you John, so much, that I didn’t left anything for myself. I’m sorry John, but I need this. I need to breathe and love myself. I’m sorry.” With that, she ran away crying.

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

              This is currently underconstruction because I am finishing this. Maybe this will be available either on the semestral break or Christmas break. :)))