Wake Me Up When It's All Over...

Yusei stood in the small, green field. The day was windy, blowing his spiked hair around, making his coat flutter in the wind. He was staring up at the sky, and by his sense of direction, he knew he was facing New Domino. Letting out a small sigh, he gently put his hand over his chest.

'... Why does it hurt to think of Jack being so happy..? Is it because... He's happy right now, without me?'

Yusei pondered his thought. Thinking about such a thing made him cringe, it made him whimper. He was feverishly doubting the thought, but now it was just lingering in the back of his mind. It made him more and more curious, more and more worried. He even almost started blaming himself. It scared him.

'... It wasn't my fault that he left, was it? Was I... Was I not good enough for him? Did I do anything wrong?'

More and more thoughts raced through his head.

'Why else would he leave? It was definitely me. I bet it was because I just wouldn't let him in... I just, I've been scared of Jack being able to read me inside and out. Well, whatever, he left for a reason... I bet he's got some girlfriend now, who's probably extremely indecent and lets Jack into every square inch of her...'

All these thoughts were causing a lump in his throat, it was making his eyes water. Yusei's breaths were sharp. He felt like he'd scream if he thought for even another second about Jack with someone else. It was painful to even think of it being his fault that Jack left.

All these factors of his thoughts finally caused him to cave in. He let out a pathetic wheeze of a cry as he suddenly dropped down onto his knees, holding tightly onto the sides of his head as he harshly sobbed. Each fiber of his body was trembling and convulsing, all the tears he'd held in were pouring from him, and his cries rang through the silence of the field. All of his being longed for Jack in that one moment, craved his touch, his warm embrace, his loving kisses. His whole soul he had tried so hard to keep contained all these years was pouring from him uncontrollably all in this one moment.

"Yusei, what's wrong?!" A familiar voice called. Someone ran up and knelt in front of Yusei, gripping his shoulders tightly. Yusei didn't look up, continuing to convulsively bawl and wail. The familiar figure was holding Yusei closely, cradling him as he cried, gently shushing him.

"... Baby, don't cry..."

At this comment, Yusei's crying paused, and he finally glanced at who had been cradling him. He was completely shocked to see Jack there, worriedly smiling down at him. Tears began to drip from his eyes again, as he suddenly let out another cry, and clung to Jack helplessly. He cried against Jack's chest for a few moments, Jack gently cooing soothing things to him.

"J-Jack... Y-You... Came back..." Yusei croaked out between sobs.

Jack smiled softly. "Of course I did. I couldn't just go away and never pay a visit, hm? I love you too much to do that to you, love." He whispered softly. With that, all of Yusei's doubts left him, and his sobbing finally calmed into a soft weeping of joyful tears.

"I've... M-Missed you..!" Yusei half-whimpered, half-cheered. Jack chuckled softly, and gently made Yusei look at him. They longingly stared into each other's eyes for a moment, before they instinctively moved closer. Their lips pressed together, Yusei tangling his fingers in Jack's hair, Jack putting his arms around Yusei sweetly. Melting into the kiss, they stayed like this for a long while, the one embrace and the one kiss making up for all the ones they'd missed over this time.

As they finally pulled away, Jack gently smiled, and wiped the remnants of Yusei's tears from his cheeks. "... I finally got you to open up, love." He mumbled, half-teasing. Yusei blushed, and smiled softly.

"... Looks like you did... I'm so glad you did..!" He said softly. Jack riddled Yusei with kisses on his cheeks, neck, and forehead, just to get them out of his system. Yusei allowed him to, letting out an occasional chuckle or giggle.

The lovers eventually lied down and sprawled out on the grass, holding each other close. Yusei was tired, but he was still indulging in being in Jack's arms again. He didn't want the moment to end, didn't want Jack to ever let go.

"You tired, love?

"Yeah..."

"Then go ahead and rest."

"... I'm scared you'll leave again."

"I won't, Yusei. I promise."

"... I love you."

"I love you, too."

"... This feels like a dream."

"Then enjoy it while it lasts, love. Enjoy it while it lasts."

"... If it is a dream... Wake me up when it's all over... Okay?"

"Okay. Now, just rest, love."

"Okay..."

Yusei gently closed his eyes, feeling Jack's embrace tighten as he slowly drifted into sleep.