A New Life (Chap. 10) (a witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

Since it was Friday, the teachers decided to be nice and give us a break from the constant homework. "Wanna come over to my house tonight?" Daren asked as we headed towards our lockers as the final bell rang.

"Um," I hesitated.

"Please," Daren bagged with the cutest expression on his face. "I-I won't do anything," he added as an after thought.

"Uh, sure." This was an even worse idea than lunch was. "Do you want to pick me up after dinner, so like six?"

"Hmmm, sure, see you then," he said, then headed the opposite direction to get to his locker.

"Hey hon," my aunt greeted me a little while later as I got into the car. "You seem to be in a better mood, not as sad."

"If you say so," I muttered. "Uh, Aunt Lyn, can I go over to a friend's house tonight?"

"Okay. Wait, does this friend happen to be that Coventry boy, Daren?" She smirked. I blushed. Was it that obvious?! "I thought so," she continued. "Well, I am going to be working late tonight so don't do anything stupid, alright?"

"Aw, then I have to re-plan everything," I joked.

She laughed. She had to leave for work as soon as she dropped me off, so I was all alone. I took a shower and made dinner. I was putting my dishes when the doorbell rang. "Come in," I called from the kitchen.

"Hey Kates, are you ready?" Daren asked me as soon as he saw me.

"Almost. Oh, do I need to bring anything?"

"I don't think so. Come on," he said when I finished my cleaning.

"Okay, okay, someone's a little pushy." He just laughed. "So what's so important that we have to go to your house?" I asked and got into his car.

"Well, one, I am bored and I want someone to hang out with, and two, I need to talk to you and I would prefer that it was at my house, because your house smells kinda funny."

I laughed. "Okay and by the way, only girls live there so it's going to smell like girls."

"No, you smell nice, the house smells like old ladies," he pretended to shutter. The five minute drive to his house was mostly silent after that. "Are you feeling alright?" Daren asked as we pulled up to his house. "You're looking quite a bit pale."

I took a deep breath. "I am fine, just... thinking."

"About what?"

"Well, is there a way to prove that I am a witch even though you can't see my aura?"

"Hmmm, there is, but you'll need to help me."