Think twice

A young man, aged 20, was on his way to see his brother in hospital, who was unfortunately ill. He was on a 2 hours journey in a train when suddenly, he remembered something.

'I didn't buy a gift for my brother. I need to stop at a shop first and by him a pack of dates,' he thought.

When he got there, he first entered a nearby shop to buy some dates.

'These dates look delicious, however I do not have enough money to buy myself a pack too,' he thought again, as he paid the shopkeeper money for the dates he bought.

He went to the hospital and found his ill brother lying in bed.

"My dear brother. I bought you a pack of dates to make you feel better," he said.

"Oh thank you brother, but I'm not hungry," said his sick brother.

"Please, do take it," he said.

"No. The doctor said I cannot eat anything now. Take it back!" yelled the sick brother quietly.

'I did say I wanted dates for myself. Ok, I might as well take it back and enjoy it myself,' pondered the 20 year old man, taking back the dates and eating them straight sway.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Now, these two brothers learnt their lesson in the end.

The sick brother forgot this hadith:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "I shall accept the invitation even if I were invited to a meal of a sheep's trotter, and I shall accept the gift even if it were an arm or a trotter of a sheep."

He should've accepted the gift his brother gave him an appreciate it, while some people don't have these things!

The 20 year old man, who visited his brother in hospital, forgot the following hadith:

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: the Prophet said, "One who takes back his gift (which he has already given) is like a dog that swallows its vomit."

He took back the gift which was supposed to be for his brother. It seemed like he didn't even have the intention to give it to his brother. He gave it however took it back and ate it.

Both brothers learnt their lesson from their mistakes after reading these hadiths in the end.