The Playboy of France

This story is based on the novel by Guy de Maupaussant, Bel Ami, while this story is similar to the book/movie, we added our own twist :)

I watched as my mother ogled and touched Mr. Duroy. You haven't heard of him? Oh, well he's the young, handsome soldier who just got back from war. Ever since he came, he has been the cause of every woman's starry gaze. I can see the look in his eyes every time he takes their hand. Their just his conquests. Unfortunately, his most recent conquest has been my mother, Clathilde. Charles, my father is off on a business request and sent Georges Duroy after meeting him at a party to my mother. There he discussed business opportunities with her but it seemed that wasn't all they were discussing. From then on, he's been sexing every women with money and power he could get in his grasp. He is like a whore, but much more powerful than any of them.

We met a few nights ago at a party my mother decided to throw just for the hell of it. I watched as Scarlett, my friend explained to me his every move. Detailing of how he could charm just about any one he wanted. It disgusted me. Just then, Scarlett became the color as her name and became quiet. I felt someone grab my hand and turn me around. It was Mr. Duroy in the flesh. He kissed my hand and smiled.

"Now, is this the beautiful Michelle that Clathilde has told me about?" He said, adding pure honey in his voice as he spoke. I stood silent and nodded as I watched him. He smirked at me and kissed my hand.

"Would you do me the honor of sharing just one dance with me?" He asked, squeezing my hand to lure me. I rolled my eyes and pulled my hand away.

"I'm sorry, sir, I'm with a friend and I'd much rather spending time with her than with a man I have only just met." His smile slowly turned into a frown .

"Well, I won't bother you again if you gave me just one dance." He said but was already taking me into the crowd of dancing people. I had no room to argue anymore. The music was a waltz now and much slower. The women stood on one side and the men on the other. We curtsied and then we slowly and gracefully switched places. After that, we walked up to one another and I took his left hand and placed the other on his right shoulder as he put his right hand on my waist. He looked down at me and I looked up at him. His deep blue eyes boring into mine. I could see how so many women fell for him but I still wouldn't let him under my dress at all. He was a pig and I refuse to give into one.

"You are very beautiful, Miss. I think I might just have to take for myself tonight." He said, putting on his smirk. I smiled.

"Thank you for the offer, Sir, but I saw you with my mother and I, personally don't like you." I said and he frowned again.

"You're just fighting off desires. Desires that you'll soon want to be fulfilled. And I, love, will not be at your service when you want them fulfilled." He said matter-of-factly.

"The only thing I'm fighting is a pesky fly who only wants any money and power he can gain. And I might have desires but you are not the person I'm thinking who will fulfill them." I said with anger dripping off my tongue. He seemed taken aback from the words. Obviously, no one has ever told him this before. The song ended and I walked away from him, back to Scarlett, who was talking with another man. I sighed, I wasn't going to interrupt her, so I walked up the stairs and overlooked the party. The man I was in love with was there, his name was Douglas and I've loved him since I was five but he never has interest me, we talked and flirted occasionally but it never became anything more of what I wanted. I sighed again and saw Georges. He followed me up the stairs and waited in front of me. He wasn't giving up.

"I don't stop till I get what I want, and if I want you, then I'll have you by the end of the night." He said, he became agitated.

"Go fuck someone that will give the time of day, I, Georges, will not." I said and felt his hands take my waist and pulled me to him. He looked down at me.

"Just give in." He said, thinking he won. I finally pulled away and slapped him. He groaned at the sting and held his cheek.

"Don't you ever do that again! While my mother is fooled by your sickening charm, I am not. Now leave me alone before I announce this incident to the entire party." I said.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, but I would. Now leave-

"What seems to be going on here?" Mother walked up the steps and eyed us curiously.

"Nothing, I was just talking with your daughter." He said, wincing at the red sting he had on his cheek. He was holding his cheek still.

"Oh. Well, I'm sorry I interrupted." She said. He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. She was already mesmerized.

"You didn't interrupt a thing, my love." His voice holding into a whisper so he could kiss her. I became angered and walked down the hall in to my room. Before I entered, I glanced at Georges who was watching me as he kissed my mother.

"Fowl pig." I muttered as I walked in front of my mirror and untied my corset and slid out of my dress and into my night gown. I rested my head on the pillow and tossed and turned until I finally told myself to sleep.