All About Choi MinHo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choi_Minho

Choi Minho

(Hangul: 최민호; Hanja: 崔珉豪; born December 9, 1991) is a South Korean idol singer, rapper, dancer, actor, model, lyricist, promotional model, MC, and radio host. He is a member of South Korean boy group SHINee under the label of SM Entertainment, as the main rapper, sub-vocalist, and visual.

Minho was discovered at the 2006 S.M. Casting System. In 2008, he was chosen as a member of the group Shinee, the 5-member boy group debuted on May 25, 2008 on SBS's Inkigayo.

Before debuting with Shinee, Minho modeled for Ha Sang Baek's Seoul Collection F/W 08-09 in March 2008, two months before Shinee's debut stage.

Minho appeared in both the Korean and Japanese version of Girls' Generation's music video "Gee" He was also featured in the music video of VNT's debut song Sound.

Acting

Minho debuted as an actor on November 20, 2010 in a KBS2's drama special, entitled "Pianist" with actress Han Ji-hye.

On December 7, 2011, it was announced that Minho would be taking on a comedic acting role in SBS‘s new sitcom, "Salamander Guru and The Shadows", which would air in early 2012. Minho played the role of Min-hyuk, a genius hacker, alongside actors Im Won-hee and Oh Dal-soo. Salamander Guru and The Shadows was SBS’s first sitcom in 5 years and revolved around two robbers who impersonate a guru. The sitcom aired in January 2012.

On April 26, 2012, Minho was confirmed to be the lead role, alongside f(x)'s Sulli and Lee Hyun-woo, for the Korean drama "To The Beautiful You", a Korean version of "Hana Kimi". The drama started broadcasting on August 15, 2012 on SBS. Minho's character is Kang Tae-joon, a high jump gold medalist who gives up high jumping after being injured. In preparation for his role as Tae-joon, Minho received personal training from coach Kim Tae-young, former national high jump athlete and a member of the Korea Association of Athletics Federations, for a month and a half. His personal record at the moment is 175 cm.

Minho is known to have written and co-written several of the raps in Shinee's albums. For their earlier albums he co-wrote with JQ, a lyricist under SM.

In their 1st studio album The SHINee World, he co-wrote the raps to "Replay", "Love Like Oxygen", "Love's Way", "One for Me", "Graze", and "Best Place".

In 2009, for their 2nd mini-album Juliette, he co-wrote "Talk to You", "Juliette", "Hit Me", and "Romeo + Juliette". For their 3rd mini-album 2009, Year of Us, he along with fellow member Key, and lyricist JQ wrote the song "Get Down", which features fellow labelmate Luna of f(x).

In their 2nd studio album Lucifer released in July 2010, he wrote the raps to "Up & Down" (which was co-written by fellow member Jonghyun), "Obsession" (also written by Jonghyun), "Your Name" (written by fellow member Onew), and co-wrote the songs "WOWOWOW" with JQ and "Shout Out" with the fellow members and MISFIT. In the repackaged album Hello, he wrote the rap for the title track "Hello", and co-wrote the raps for "One" and "Get It".

He is also credited for creating additional raps to the songs "Better", "To Your Heart", and "Stranger" in their 1st Japanese studio album, The First released in December 2011.

For their 4th mini-album Sherlock released in March 2012, he wrote the raps to the songs "Alarm Clock" and "Honesty" (written by Jonghyun).

He also wrote the rap for a cover that he did at London, called "Rocketeer". Performing it with f(x)'s Amber.

For their 3th full album "Chapter 2. Why So Serious? – The Misconceptions of Me", Minho wrote the raps to the songs "Shine" (Medusa I), "Music Box" (Orgel, "Excuse Me Miss" and "Can't Leave" (Sleepless Night)