No Escape

ASPEN

Aspen feels trapped as the van drives through the rusty gates and past the blue cursive sign reading Chateau Don Cherbourg. Although the sign sounds fancy and the Chateau is gorgeous, she knows that beyond these gates her life will end, evaporate, and die. No more latte's in Brooklyn with Stacy, no more late night parties in Manhattan, or lavish shopping trip in Soho. No more anything because for the next year she will be surrounded by never ending farmland and immature fifteen year olds too poor to afford acne medication.

"Mom I get it, I screwed up, you can come and get me out of this hell hole. I understand now I made a mistake." Aspen scream's out. She keeps on hoping this is some bizarre joke or nightmare. The fact that her mom actually had the guts to go against her father and send Aspen away must mean that she is in the Twilight Zone or still on drugs. As she looks up at the Chateau she realizes there is no privet jet in sight ready to fly her back to the Upper East Side. Breckenridge Conservatory will officially be her home for the next year. Home, as if more like punishment.

Just because Aspen got a little too drunk at the Gov Ball and had to get her stomach pumped is not the end of the world. Her friends get their stomachs pumped all the time and you don't see their parents sending them away to some mysterious old friend's boarding school. She has never even heard her mom mention Ann Breckenridge before so why does she trust this women so much to "change her daughters ways." Her mother's words not Aspen's, she is perfectly normal not that her mom would care or listen.

The van finally stops after the long two-hour drive from Heathrow and Aspen jumps out to stretch her tired legs and get away from the over excitable freshman that rode with her. All they have been talking about is how grateful they are for this opportunity to attend Breckenridge. What is possibly exciting about being shoved in a house with a bunch of crazy creative minds and sharing land with sheep with nothing to do for fun but count bricks?

Aspen pulls her perfectly dyed honey brown hair into a ponytail and waits for someone to pull her Marc Jacobs luggage out of the trunk. Long after all the freshman disappear into the Chateau she realizes this is a do-it yourself kind of school and no one is coming to help her. Great! Just add that to the list of reasons why this year is going to be the worst.

Aspen reaches into the trunk and pulls out all seven suitcases very carefully as to not ruin her manicure.

"Take that mom! I am not as spoiled as you think!" She exclaims smiling down at her hard work.

Looking at all of her bags layer out it dawns on Aspen that there is no way she is going to be able to carry all her bags up into the house. She may go to Soul Cycle four times a week but she is by no means strong enough for the weight of her luggage. Aspen scans her surrounds for someone to help just as a guy with a cigarette behind his ear exits the Chateaus' side door. He is clearly trying to not be spotted but Aspen has a keen talent of finding the nearest hot guy.

"Hey! Want to be a gentleman and help a weak and helpless girl take her luggage upstairs?" She pulls her dress down and pouts. Aspen's go to face to make a guy be at the beck and call.

He looks over and even from far away she can tell he is a heartbreaker with his wavy brown hair that screams I'm hot I dare you to run your finger through me, a smirked that says I don't do commitment, and hazel eyes that are dangerously enchanting.

"Not bad, not bad at all." She quietly thinks to herself. Finally a reason this place might not be so boring. Tall and handsome walks over, stops right in front of her, and they both have a moment of objectifying one another's bodies.