Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Mark's POV

I sigh quietly as my alarm goes off. "Great, another day at school with everybody avoiding me." I thought to myself. I groan as I get up, yawning as I stretch. I walk to my bathroom to take a quick shower getting dressed before I brushed my teeth and my blue hair. I threw the towel onto the door to dry as I walked back into my room. I grabbed my new phone, putting my shoes on as I put on my leather jacket, might as well look the part if nobody cares anyways. I grabbed my school crap and my beanie before I headed out the door. I decided to walk today because it was pretty nice out.

I breathed in the morning air, listening as the birds sang their songs. I sighed softly. I opened my eyes to only groan as I was met by the school doors. I growled under my breath as I made my way through the doors. The halls that were previously filled with noise was hushed to a quiet murmur as I walked by. I glanced from left to right, watching how everyone tried not to make eye-contact with me. Just like last year and the years before that, at least this is my last year at high school.

I've already memorized my schedule. I dump off all of my stuff into my locker except for my notebook and a pencil, my phone in my pocket of course. I head to first period class, Geometry, taking a seat in the back. The bell rings and everyone crowds in. They were talking about how their weekend went, plus the tiniest whisper that there was a new kid in the school that transferred from across the sea, until they went silent as the teacher walked in. As Mr. Jarver started teaching, I zoned out. Despite my appearance, I'm a straight A student. So I stared out the window until the bell rung.

Next was English, which has always been boring to me. But Mr. Ridson was a cool teacher, he seemed on the same level as us. He knew our limit, taught with a sense of humor that had already made this year better than the others. And the best part, he gives us candy. Think of it as my childhood showing.

I was actually kinda sad when the bell rung, but I went back to my usual self when I remembered that I had History next. And when it comes to history I know my shit. Mr. Hillington was pretty cool too. We hardly had any homework so that was a plus. I guess I zoned out again as I heard the bell ring.

Next was Chemistry. Chemistry was ok every once in awhile, but most of the time it got on my nerves. Ms. Lewson seemed ok. So far it's been better than the past years. I scribbled in my notebook until the bell rang again signaling for lunch. I put my stuff in my locker and decided to just walk around the halls, I didn't feel that hungry anyways.

It was maybe five to ten minutes after the bell rang. I was walking down a hallway when I heard something being slammed against the lockers, a thud following along with a whimper of pain. Curious, I turned the corner. I saw the group of school bullies picking on a kid. They were about to start kicking him until one of them saw me, got the leader's attention and looked back my way. I cracked my knuckles as I continued to watch them as I slowly prowled towards them. I saw the leader, James, gulp before he looked at the others and they scampered off. I've watched them hurt others. Nobody stepping up to help the person being bullied. I'm tired of it. So for the rest of the year, I'm putting a stop to it.

I walked up to the boy to see if he was ok. I squatted down beside him, shaking his shoulder slightly. He groaned before he opened his eyes and looked at me. He blinked for a few seconds before he weakly held his arms up in front of his face like he was shielding himself. I sighed loudly. "I'm not gonna hurt you." I said, my deep voice echoing quietly down the halls. He put his arms back down, looking up at me. "Do you need help up?" I asked quietly. He gave a slow nod of his head. I stood up, holding my hand out for him. He took it and I pulled him up. I was able to get a good look at him, I don't remember seeing him around here before. My guess is that he's the new student.