1 - This Life and Before

I stared out the window of my room, our room to be exact, and looked at the Moon in its dark glory. I then saw someone's reflection in the mirror. It was not mine, but it was my mom's. I turned around and smiled as she stood in the doorway.

"Hey, darling," she said in her soft and sweet voice. "How are ya feeling?" That question had many answers.

"I...don't even know the right word to explain all this." I said to her as she sat next to me on my bed. "I just....I love you." I hugged her and blushed a bit. I didn't even care about all the bad things that have happened to me for the past 13 years. The near future is going to be special and great for me and my family.

"Oh, I almost forgot!" she said. She then used her magic with her claw to bring a flying envelope from the living room into my hands. There was no writing on the envelope, so I was full of anticipation as I used my claw to slice the opening. I reached in and closed my eyes. It felt slick, small, and there was writing on it as well. If I remember correctly, I think in a few weeks...no way! I pulled it out and I couldn't believe my eyes! It was a ticket to the Grand Galloping Gala!

"Remember to be quiet now," she whispered, pointing to my two younger siblings. "They're sleeping."

"Oh, my Celestia! I didn't even...did you.." I was at a loss for words at the moment.

"Now that Discord and I were friends with Celestia, I decided to talk about you and what you do. She might even have a liking for you. Even Princess Luna!" All I could do was give my mom a kiss on the cheek and slowly pull the sheets over my head, looking at the ticket with cheer.

"See you tomorrow, my little draconequus." she said, turning off the light and leaving the door a few inches open. I reached out from the sheets and grabbed the mirror on my dresser and smiled at my appearance. I am a draconequus.

***

It was finally morning and this time I woke up quite early. The Sun was slowly rising in the distance and the Moon was descending. I picked up my notebook and snapped my paw, making a pencil appear and began to write.

"I guess...I could start," I didn't know where to begin. "How about, five years ago?" My pencil started to scribble across the blank pages of my notebook.

***

Sorry for this chapter being so short. My inspiration is going up and down and I wanted to get this chapter out by today. Anywhoo, hoped you enjoyed this little part of my story. More chapters coming soon! Also, go check @JasminePosey for the story that inspired me to do this one.

-Elijah, the Draconequus