The Dream

CRYSTAL

The wind flew by the window, but I don't care. The bright red flames, with a small flash of blue at the tips, enveloped the house. The forest green roof, the pristine white walls, and the brown oak door, all turned to ash. The scream of the sirens and the flashing lights, but they were drowned out by a single voice. My brothers voice. His screams, echoing in the midnight air, as I collapse, staring at the moonless sky, the stars seeming dim. The shrieking voices in my subconscious. My heart races when I hear the cries.
"Crys! Crys, help me!!" Came the soft voice, my brother. I looked for his face and couldn't find it. I then heard a small screech, screech, screech.
I bolt awake, sweat dripping down my face. Screech, screech, screech. I rolled over and smack the alarm clock. I glance at the time. 5:45. Right when I set it for. Now, time to get up. I slowly pull myself out of bed, and stumble over to my closet. I open the door, and select the first thing I see, black jeans, a deep red shirt, and my white shoes. First day of school, just great. Eighth grade, at the best school ever, the Hallows Institute. The Hallows Institute, school for the special. My brother Blake would be in here anytime now to mess with me. He's probably getting ready for first day at Rose Owl High. The normal place. I hear the footsteps of my brother as he came down the steps, then my door flies open.
Blake steps in, revealing his torn black skinny jeans, ripped sleeve blue skull tee-shirt, and green tennis shoes. His black hair swept to the side in the front, pulled into a ponytail in the back, with his blue streak running on the left side.
"Well, what are you waiting for?" he asks, a smirk on his face. His hazel eyes light up as he sees my outfit, and he laughs.
"Eat breakfast and meet me down at my car." He says, exciting the room.
I glance in the mirror. My hair, a soft golden brown color with a bright red streak on my right side. Blake is my twin, and we are hell-bent on being as different as possible, like with the streaks of color in our hair being opposites. I grumble as I grab a pop tart, slipping it in my bag as I walk to Blake's truck. Another vast difference. He drives a truck while I ride a motorcycle. I glare at him, slipping into the passenger seat.
"What, you expect Mom to let you drive your death bike to school?" he asks, starting to drive.
"Didn't expect her to make me ride with you," I shoot back at him. We ride in silence until we reach my school.
"Hey, Crys... have a good day at school. I'll pick you up after, ok?" His voice turns caring, and I smile.
"Ok. You too, have a good day." I nod at my brother, leaving the safety of his truck and heading into the school. As I walk, I remember the dream that haunted me last night. I brush it off, it was only a dream. I reach the front doors of the school, glance back at the truck pulling away from the curb, and push the doors open. I was OK with middle school, but high school? Just that first glimpse has given me a shock.