Chapter One

It started on a day of a snow day. No school, just happiness in the air of all the teens on my street.

I got up from bed, a large stretch and yawn, than the face plant on the floor. I jumped up, rubbing the side of my face, where I had landed, looking around my room. Pictures of me and my friends spread around my room, I smiled and walked to the closet.

I grabbed a black sweater and jeans, pulling on a blue beanie.

"Big sis, big sis, it's snow day, it's a snow day, we haven't had one of these in decades, " My little brother Sam yelled out dancing around the halls of the house. I chuckled.

"Yeah, another day of no school," I did a happy dance with Sam and ran to the door.  Grabbing my skates, than running towards the pond in the park with him.

"Hey Car," Pat yelled at me as I put on my skates.

"Hello, Charlotte," Marcus smiled at me.

"What's up guys," I said smiling.
I jumped up, than skated along, with them while they both smirked at me.

"Nothing much, just been working on my slap shoots, nothing other than that. Mark here is lecturing me about Moby Dick, who is obviously a hockey player." Pat made hand gestures with his hand to make small talking motions. I giggled, covering my mouth and Pat rubs his neck blushing.

"Well, sir, he is not...." Marcus started to go on about how wrong Pat was while I skated over to the other end of the pond.

I crashed into someone,"You dumb butt," the person yelled at me.

Shit, I jumped up quickly.

"Sorry Lucas, I didn't see you." I mumbled under my breath.

"You didn't because you are a loser Carlie Brown, don't you get it, you will never be anything other than a loser," He skated away to Sonya who was standing on goal, wearing a Beethoven shirt.

I could classify him as a loser because he can't get Sonya to notice him, but he has accomplished many other things.

"Don't listen to Lucas, I've done very well my 16 years of life ignoring every word he's said," Spinning around I saw Lily smiling at me through her blanket/scarf.

"Thanks Lily, I'm just not sure I can, he's always harping on me about things that I can't control," I looked at my skates.

"Just look on the bright side Carlie, everything will get better....," Lily's scarf randomly unwrapped, she screamed grabbing my hand quickly, pulling me and her across the street the pond. I laughed so hard it hurt. On the end of the scarf was Sadie my crazy nuts I dog.
I grabbed Pats hand, than he grabbed Mark's, we started a chain reaction, adding Lucas, Sonya, Sam, PigPen(Dirtrina), etc. Soon half the rink was just a chain of people, skating along with each other.

Sadie let go and everyone went flying. I landed on top of Pat, I pushed off and smiled at the sky. I went to get up, but than I feel on my butt,"ohhhh" Pat said. I got up slowly than went around the lake once more. I went to take my skates off, looking over at Lucas who was now lecturing Lily.

I and so glad I'm not Lily right now.

I was walking away from the pond when I saw a moving truck come around the bend and it pulled in the house across from mine.