Sapphire Blackwell (Percy Jackson and Harry Potter Fan Fic.)

Disclaimer for the whole book: I do not own PJO or HP, Rick Riordan and J.K. Rowling do. The only character I do own is Sapphire Blackwell.

Chapter 1: I Learn Something New About My Parents (Part 1)

I woke up with a sharp pain in my shoulders.

I truly HATE demigod dreams. Since I don't really have ADHD, and have a mild case of dyslexia, my dreams are more dreadful and vivid than any other demigods' dreams.

I was running across, what looked to be the freeway to get away from two griffins--only it wasn't me, it was an older version of me.

I looked to be around fifteen with the same sapphire blue eyes, jet black hair, and I was wearing a tattered, plain, turquoise, rolled up sleeved, shirt with dark denim shorts and black converse.

Once I crossed, I saw two people, who looked like they were about fourteen, armed with swords, daggers, and shields. They seemed to be guarding a cave like entrance.

I thought I was home free, but it didn't feel right, like I didn't belong.

I ignored it, but the farther I ran, the more far away it became, until the griffins finally caught me.

I could feel their talons seeping into my skin. It hurt so much I wanted to scream, but, like every other dream, my voice didn't work.

They pulled me up into the air, but before the dream went any further, I woke.

I pulled out a bag of ambrosia squares, that I keep under my pillow for whenever I wake to a pain from my dreams, and ate three.

The pain subsided and I got out of bed to change into my orange Camp Half-Blood T-shirt, shorts, and shoes.

I headed down stairs, past the rec. room, towards the front door.

I live in the Big House because Chiron and the gods don't want anyone to know that I'm a child of Poseidon, and I'd rather stay here than live in the Hermes cabin. It's very crowded and they don't call Hermes the god of thievery and trickery for nothing.

I headed to the dining pavilion to get something for breakfast when I saw Clarisse.

Now, Clarisse up at seven in the morning usually means that she's either plotting revenge, or is in the process of it.

So I walked up to her and asked "Who are you getting this time?"

"Little miss Annabel." she answers with a sinister smirk

"How dare you plot against my BFF," (best fake friend) "without me!"

"Oh yeah, I totally forgot you two hate each other."

"Exactly, but anyways, good luck."

"Thanks."

"But have the Stolls help you."

"Why?

"So you don't take things too far, and so I can see the whole thing over and over again on tape."

"True. Well, see you later."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Now, if your wondering why Annabeth and I hate each other, I honestly can't answer that. She's hated me ever since we first met. I never knew why, but I knew she hated me ever since she tried, but failed, to knock me off of the rock climbing wall when I was at the top.

So what? You have the safety gear on! You might say, but this rock climbing wall is 40 feet tall, spewing hot lava, dropping boulders, with no gear to help you from falling.

So, she tries to kill me and just says "Sorry, didn't see you." with a disappointed face.

What else am I supposed to think?

And if that wasn't proof enough, once she tried to sneak up on me, during capture the flag, and stab me-even though we were on the same team!

And I swear if staring could kill, she'd be dead because she stares at me so much it's unhealthy.

But anyways, I walked into the dining pavilion and saw that Chiron, in wheelchair form, was already at the table eating.

I grabbed a plate and placed some eggs, some bacon strips, and a banana.

I then made my way over to the fire to make my offerings to the gods, "Poseidon. Dad, can you send me a sign so that I know you care and pay attention to me?"

I threw the juiciest looking bacon strip into the fire and walked to my seat.

"Good morning Chiron."

"Good morning Sapphire, can you come talk to me after breakfast, it's very important."

Busted.

See, the Stolls and I may or may not have dropped, let's just say 10 gallons of salt water onto the Aphrodite cabin messing up their hair, clothes, and best of all make up.

The girls were running around screaming their heads off with frizzy hair and running make up making them look like clowns, along with the boys screaming like girls and hair beyond repair, and their clothes were soaked! It was priceless!

I'd almost give anything to see that happen again, but I'm not going through all that hard work to perfect it all again.

"Sure, what's this about?" I asked

"All I can say here is that this is concerning your mother."

"Oh gods, she isn't dead, is she?" fear started to creep up into me

"Gods no, what ever would make you think that?"

"Thank the gods," relief filled me, she wasn't dead after all this time, "Well, my mum and news don't exactly mix together too well."

"I see, well I can assure you this isn't bad news." he continue with a smile,"It's quite the opposite, actually, you will have the opportunity to leave camp and venture out into your mother's side of your family."

"That's ludicrous, my mother's mortal," wait a second, "isn't she?"

"Why don't we discuss this later, after breakfast."

"Okay, fine."

I hope my mum's mortal, I don't need any more surprises after yesterday when I found out I wasn't the only child of Poseidon.

~*~