"To live, laugh and love"

“To live, laugh and love”

(by: Diana May M. Torres)

                      She’s fat and unhealthy. That’s my first impression to her. Maybe her parents let her eat all the foods in their fridge or else she can eat whatever she wants or gets whatever she wants.., I thought.  I also thought how lucky she must be. She’s a girl who looks like she has no problems. She’s a girl who looks so strong.  She’s very simple. And yet my impressions  weren’t  all right untill we became best of friends.

                  She’s fat but not unhealthy, I consider her healthy not just physically but also emotionally. That girl knows how to handle her feelings well and she can do things more than what you expect.  I admire how much she managedherself smile and laugh even in the most difficult times. She showed how to take things positively. Whenever I cry about my failures she would always make me smile out of the blue. She pointed out to me that theres no use of crying on things instead i have to face it. That’s the way she comfort me everytime I am upset. She’s really fat, because she has a very  big heart.

                 I always thought that she is very lucky because she eats or gets whatever she wants, but she told me that I am luckier than her while in fact i consider my life a disaster. I never understand what she is saying about this till I have spent more time with her and goes deeper about knowing her. I realized that she is right I am luckier than her. I am luckier because I have both my parents with me, while her it’s only her father.  Her mother is working abroad and she is longing for her love and attention. While me, i have mom always there at my side. I have seen her cry for how many times of her mother. She told me that she really does’nt care if  they are poor what matters most is they have a complete family. I have admired her more because of that, we both value our family more than any material things that life may present. Then I was taught by her to be more affectionate towards my parents because they are mypriceless treassures.

                   She’s a girl who looks like she has no problem. I was wrong, she also do, she just know how to handle things. She had many problems but kept it within herself says that it’s okay. But i know deep inside she’s sad about it. She’s someone who can be so strong whatever that problems she’s experiencing. Her simplicity makes her more stronger. Her personality keeps her always attach to her faith. I was affected by this kind of personality that in the end I somehow imitate her because I also wanna learn how to handle things well.

                      She’s not a typical girl, she’s an extraordinary girl because she is my best friend. The girl who affected my life. The girl who showed me strength when times that I am so down. It’s her who portrayed life as, “To live, laugh, and love”.