Chapter 1

It all started in first grade. I remember it like it was yesterday.

*flash back*

Everyone was screaming at me to get in the car because we needed to go to the hospital.

I didn't know what was going on.

I got in the car while dad was crying. Maddie was holding me telling me everything was gonna be okay, but I didn't even know what was going on.

We got to the hospital and was rushed to a room.

I saw my mom. All beat up. Cuts on her face, bruises on her arms and legs. What was going on?

She had been beat up.

That's when the tears came.

Her heart monitor was going. But not very much. We stayed there all night, not knowing if she was gonna make it or not.

It all happened so fast. I didn't even get to tell her I loved her. Not even say good bye.

And then her heart monitor stopped. Silence. She was gone. My mom was gone.

* End of flash back*

Just thinking about it made my eyes water. I'm seventeen now but I still miss my mom. How could you not? I didn't even get to say good bye.

The bell rang, interrupting my thoughts, so I packed up my stuff and took it to my locker. It was Friday and everyone knows what Friday means. Party.

I was gonna go to a party tonight with my boyfriend Matthew. My dad likes him but he isn't a huge fan. But guess what? I don't care. Matthew is sweet and kind and would do anything for me. I don't understand why my dad is like that.

After I put my stuff in my locker and got my bag and keys, I went to my car. Once I got in my car, I turned off the radio so it was silent. I was a big thinker but I didn't to do while driving so I didn't wreck or anything but I kept the radio off so I a could have some quiet time.

Life with out my mom has been pretty weird if you think about it. All of my friends have moms and dads and I just have a dad that's an asshole most of the time. He always yells at me and tells me to pick up all his mess.

Do you know how many times I have come home and there would be thousands of beer bottles just lying around? And then he tells you to clean up after him when you don't deserve to.

I like to stay at Evans house sometimes because her parents know what my dad is like. Matthew knows what he's like too so he usually doesn't come over. That's why I hate my dad. He is such an asshole to me. Maddie is never home because of College so but she knows what dad is like.

Once I got to Evans house, we got ready for the party. I was wearing a black dress with pink heels and Evans dress was red with black heels. We both curled our hair and wore it down, then did our makeup. Evan has a boyfriend named Reed, and he is kinda cute but I love Matt and I don't like Reed like that. It's pretty fun with all of us being friends because we can all hang out together or go on double dates together or whatever. But Matt and I have a love for each other that can't be broken.

After we were done getting ready we drove to the house where the party was at. I don't even know who's house this is but who cares, I'm just here do have fun and who knows what else.

"H-h-hey sexy," someone said as they came up behind me. They were obviously drunk.
"Um, don't talk to me talk to me," I said  trying to walk away.
"O-o-okay sweet thang," they yelled as I walked away.

I went to go get a drink but ended up getting lost because this house was so big. I felt someone slip their arms around my waist behind me and start to kiss my cheek.

"Hey babe," they said as I turned around to see who it was. It was Matt
"Hey baby," I whispered as I was about to kiss him.

We ended up kissing for about three minutes, but stopped when someone came down the hallway screaming our names looking for us.

"I bet they're some where eating each other's face," I heard someone say.
"Oh there they are," they said as they turned the corner. I didn't know who they were but I guess Matt did.

" woahhhhh, Matt, your girlfriend here is pretty hot," the guy said winking at me. 
"Yeah, well it's to bad she's taken, now leave," Matt told them with annoyances In his voice.
"Okay, gosh, we just came to tell you that they are having a drinking contest and we didn't know of you wanted to do it," one of the boys said.
"Sure why not," Matt agreed.

We walked around until we got to the kitchen were everyone was. There were some other guys with bottle in their hands that were doing the contest I guess.

"Oh shit, this isn't going to end well" I thought to my self. Matt started off well and was at bottle number 10, but started to slow down. "Matt keep going!!" Someone yelled. One of the guys that were in the contest already threw up so he was disqualified. It was only Matt and two other guys left but I was getting pretty bored.

I walked out of the kitchen and roamed around the house. I found a room that had a couch so I decided to go sit down. I went into Theron and just the door behind me so no one would see me. I sat down on the couch I got on my phone. I checked Instagram, snapchat, and all that stuff but I got really tired.

I laid down on the couch not thinking that I was gonna go to sleep but I couldn't keep my eyes open so I closed my eyes and let sleep take over me.

I hope you all enjoyed it! Please like and comment if you any suggestions!

- Chloe' 💜