Dear Darling.

Dear Darling.

I dreamt of you last night.

I can’t get the image out of my mind and to be completely honest with you I’m not quite sure how it got there. I felt like a little kid again. I saw colours I’ve never seen before, and mountains covered in such a beautiful shade of blue. I saw the sunset in a marvellous arrangement of colours. I saw swans, and I saw them dance darling, they were beautiful. But I’m still trying to figure out what they were trying to say to me.

And I saw you. Oh yes I saw you. Darling that was the best part. I got to see your face and the places we’ve been one last time and that was marvellous for me, because I know we’ll never get to go back again. What if I never see you again? Oh darling I’m so scared I’ll never see your beautiful, perfectly toned, perfectly proportioned face again. And quite frankly, darling, that scares the hell out of me.

I know it was only a dream. That scares me the most.  It means your still on mind, and you have been for such a long time. I woke up crying darling, yes I woke up crying. I saw you for one last time and I can’t get that image out of my head. Nor do I want too.  I didn’t stop crying there, oh no. I continued to cry darling, because I woke up and you were not there. You weren’t there. But I still recall the way your body shaped the mattress and where you head would lie on my pillow. And with you, lying next to me? Well darling that’s the safest place I’ve ever been.

Do you see why I’m scared now darling? Because I am here and you are not. I am here in the same bed, in the same house yet my life is completely different. And darling your life? Your life is changing drastically and it pains me we can no longer help each other through it. You were my wonder wall. My safety. My prince. Darling, you were everything I had dreamed of.  And now? You are gone.

The sound of your heartbeat was a melody to my ears, and it was the most beautiful song I have ever heard. The way it felt to hold you close was magic, darling. But I suppose that’s what love is, is it not? Magic. I suppose that why every ones trying to find it, to hold on to it. I guess the down side about magic is always the after effect, and I can assure you there is no one more painful after effect then a broken heart.

I remember what the swans were saying to me now darling, they said that this is the farewell of an old day, and a rising beginning of a new day. I know its time to say goodbye now, darling. But I must say, it was awfully nice to see you again.

Oh darling.

I dreamt of you last night.