Chapter one: WHAT?

"Are you listening?"
I typed :In case I forget later GL with dance comp later gtg.
"Cynthia!"
"I'm coming geez " I said. When I got downstairs I grabbed a bowl and Cheerios. I took a spoon full chewing mom said " I told her you would drop by after to meet the kids."
"Told who? What kids?" I said. Mom clenched her chair holding her breath. "Why do I waste my breath? Emily Clarkson. A colleague of mine."
was quiet for a moment or two.
What? I thought. So now she expected me read her mind? She clenched her teeth. My phone vibrated I went to my pocket. I reached for my phone almost at my face, when mom smacked it from my hand. Her face was so close I could see her pores on her face.
"Be Careful you could of cracked that." I wiped it on my shirt. She stormed out up the stairs. Some times she gets a second wind. She slammed the door when she got up stairs. I quickly checked my phone and texted Selena back. Here's what she said: eek I'm so scared. Wish you were here. Going for gold. I said in text: awe wish I was there take pics for me.

I finished up my cereal and got ready for school. I wore a black hoodie, blue jeans and a black shirt. I touched up my make up and headed out the door.
When I got to school there was a girl, she wore a green hat not showing her hair. Her hat had pink and green strings attached to it.

The girl said "Hello I'm Cleo Puth. There I was wondering if I could sit here across from you. You mind?" I shrugged. I guess she didn't notice the snub.
Cleo said " I just love the first day at a new school. How's it here in Delta?"
I said " boring" Cleo said " well I guess you'd think that if you'd lived here all your life."
" No I just moved here four months ago." She said " Oh. I was just wondering if you wanted to check out the hood later." I check through my messages. " hey I was wondering about your name?" Cleo said. " Cynthia rhymes with Mlynthia" Selena pointed that out in 2nd grade when we met.

Cleo's POV

Oh. Well I'll say... IDK. Let's wait. Aha I know what to say " so how about it."
Cynthia Said " how about what?" "Checking out town together. What else? "
"Oh... I can't. I'm babysitting tonite"
O. I didn't know that. "What class do you have next?"Cynthia said, " honors math. Where's room 19?" " second floor next to the boys bathroom. I'm heading downstairs."

Cynthia's POV

School is over I'm going to Timms for a cup of coffee and a donut. I was cutting through the mall almost at Safeway when I bummed into Cleo. She said " I thought you were baby sitting?" I said " I'm heading there now." I can walk you." " I'm kind of in a rush,"
As if I thought. I bummed into an old lady. She had two harsh drone lines where her eyebrows should've been. I was at the lights about to cross when Cleo was right beside me. She said something weird like " Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers." I thought, what. " if Peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter piper picked?" She said that like twice, I think.
It was weird. She wore a red hat with blue dangly things this time . A pink sweater, and blue jeans that looked like they were from the 80s. I said " I'm ganna get a coffee at Timms if you want to before I go to the kids house?"
Cleo said " sure! I mean suure" she said the second sure long. I wondered.