Around the World

"ARVIN..ARVIN" a familiar voice calling my attention, I turned back and opened the door when I saw his smile I also smiled him back "What brought you here, Dodong?" I asked to him. Dodong and I had been good friends since we're in elementary, I never saw him after our graduation day. He handed me a card, I smelled the flowery scent of it, "Wedding invitation?" I asked with curiosity "Yes my friend, it is my wedding day!" he replied "That will be next month" he added and turned back and said his goodbye.

"Dodong..Wait" I shouted but too late to say that I would leave the country tonight because of something IMPORTANT that might change my whole life.

ALL set! My things are already fixed and packed.

After four hours of travelling the plane landed at Changi Airport of Singapore. In the main entrance of the airport I saw a cab waiting for passengers I headed to him and asked him to lead me at THE FULLERTON HOTEL the most luxurious and beautiful hotel of Singapore. While we're on our way, the taximan shared the culture and traditions of their country, he also described and differentiated the attitudes of teenagers before and today and about teenage prostitution that you can see everywhere but I was not interested listening to him because of my jetlag and I was tired. My mind was floating but back in reality when I heard the taximan said "We're here Sir".

I was walking leading to the lobby of the hotel when someone accidentally bumped me, 'I'm sorry sir" she apologized "It's ok, but next time just be careful and watch out for your way" I said to her. After our little conversation she walked away and I was watching her until she disappeared in my sight then I noticed a card maybe the girl dropped it awhile ago, I picked it up and looked at it "Lay Choo" I whispered when I read her name. I felt bad when I saw her ID she was still a student but she dressed up like a adult maybe she was one of what the taximan said while ago that teenage prostitute are everywhere.

The sun shone again at the sky of Singapore. "TOK...TOK..." a loud noise knocking at the door, "Just a minute" I shouted. At first I thought it is the room service but when I opened the door the one I expect since yesterday is the one behind the door, "Good morning cousin, long time no see" a tight hug and sweet smile I received from my cousin but a simple smile I gave to her as a response, "Here, a copy of Uncle Fortunato's last will and testament" she said while raising her hand showing the papers. "Then, what about it?" I said, "Congrats, the testament said that Uncle Fortunato gave the 100% of his wine business and his house I mean his MANSION in United States to you" she continue saying and her lips pouted in emphasizing the word mansion.

After she read all the content of the papers she helped me pack my things to travel again. "Ok let's go and I'm excited to see your mansion" she said

Paging all the passengers of airplane 305 please proceed to the lobby now. After hearing that, we walked leading to the plane and checked our luggage. When we reached the plane I immediately searched for my seat and when I saw it I went to it and took a rest.

"Are you with the merchant last night?" the soldier interrogated Ivan Dmitri Aksenov."Yes, I'm with him last night" he replied.

"Noooooooo" I screamed while my heart was still beating so fast. And the other passengers were looking at me, "Hey why are you screaming?" my cousin asked me with curiosity. "I had a bad dream about my friend----" before I continue my words the television flashed a report.

"A merchant was killed by Ivan Dmitri Aksenov" the reported said.

"Oh my God, watch the report it is the same with my dream." I explained. When we landed at FITIUTA AIRPORT I called right away may lawyer to help and fix the case of Ivan Dmitri Aksenov, my high school friend. The news was still in my mind, "Everything will be ok, let's go, the cab is waiting for us" my cousin said. I never replied any single word I just took a deep breath and followed her. We're on our way to Uncle Fortunato's mansion, I was looking at nowhere when, "Hey we're here" she snapped her fingers to my face.