CHAPTER ONE

• Dedicated to to someone who left me hanging

"What is love?" She heard her professor asking infront of the class, her seatmates murmur while she remains silent. She don't want to join in that kind of discussion. The topic was an ennui topic, an immediate spell for those who believe that love is a fairytale and a magical word for those who believe that LOVE can fix their broken heart, omit the stress that they are feeling, so on and so forth... Almost three fourths of the class raised their hands, many of them are energetic when it comes to LOVE and HEART ISSUES... She smirks, Can I ask some mathematical questions in the middle of this discussion to hear the humming birds outside? she thought.

Love is a mystery... Love makes you happy... It's a bond that ties two people together... blah,blah,blah,blah,blah,blah... CRAP! She looked on her shoes, she don't want to listen...

"You can't define LOVE, because love is a feeling and not a word. It's more complicated than any mathematical solutions because you can't see it coming on your way..."

She raised her head, and she saw Erson standing. Her eyes on him, she don't know how long she stared at him and how loud the claps made by her classmates for that interesting thoughts. She'll not deny, Erson got her ears. He always have a lot of unussual things to share that's why he never failed to get her attention. Well, it's always expected for a guy like Erson Israel to have a lot of admirers... but not her. She was just curious because he used mathematics on the list, and nothing more.

"He's so cool..." her gal classmates whispered.

She decided to lay her eyes again on the floor, this is too much. The discussion was too far from the intended topic that they should tackle for this day but because it is Valentines day, they end up talking about LOVE and Hearts and Cupids... DARN!

"Mierish..."

She heard her name. That was her professor, she's now looking at her... no uh! I don't wanna answer some love related questions please...

 "What is love for you?"  Ms. Jalio asked. oh! here we go... that's my million peso question.

She took a deep breath. She's not ready for this. How can she answer if she will not use her thinking skills...

"Love is not just about opposite sex relationship,Love is a special gift... it's voluntarily given to those who means something to you. You can't buy it, but you can give it."

"Very well said Mierish..." She said while she was instructing me to take my seat. I sit silently as I move my sight towards his direction. Dissappointment striked her upon knowing that Erson is not looking on her direction. He's busy scanning that notebook which is given by one of their classmate. She bet that that classmate of them asked some help regarding to the assignment given to the class a week ago. And as expected, he help them. He is consider as a Knight in Shining armor specially by girls when it comes on doing assignments. She grin, their classmates are abusing Erson, and this guy enjoys being surrounded by those dependants! urgghh! EARTHWORMS!

Most of the girls in their campus love to be with him, they treat Erson as an angel sent from heaven. Good looks and intelligence makes a big impact for that conclusion. Who will resist someone who smiles like an angel? Someone who lends help for those who need it? Guy who is almost perfect? Not her! Guys are just the same, they’ll treat you well when they know that there is something in you that they can use for pleasure. Good looks are dangerous, angelic smiles are threats! She closed her eyes firmly. She’s too occupied by thoughts that are attached to that guy, who cares if he’s surrounded by girls… come on Mierish! It’s his life, no strings attached!

She continues to walk down the lobby, approaching the school paper office. She was instructed by her school paper adviser; Mr. Chez to pass all the feature articles that she had written. There are a lot of things to attend to and a lot of important things to consider rather than thinking about Erson Israel although it was once a duty of her to know the guy.