Jock One-Shot ( Merrickat/Merrikat )

I slowly make my way to the baseball field. I got stuck with the baseball page for the yearbook. It really only sucked cause I had to stay for almost three hours after school. I am early, practice hasn't started yet. There was one person on the field though, the one person who could make this whole predicament better. Zachary Merrick. The tall muscular junior with a tattoo sleeve on his right arm. The biggest jock but at the same time the nicest person you'd ever meet. He is alone on the field in his tight baseball pants, lacking a shirt. I watch his muscles move as he throws up the balls and swings at them, he is such a workout junkie. I make my way into the stands and set down my stuff, checking the camera.

" Jack? " I hear his deep voice call.

" Hey. " I call back and he jogs over his muscular torso glistening with sweat.

" What are you doing out here? You stalking me? " He asks smiling his dorky, strained smile.

" Most definitely, no I'm here for yearbook. "

" You're a little early. "

" Yeah, didn't have a ride home. "

" I'm sorry man, hey do you need one home after practice? I could take you. "

" No my parents should be able to come. "

" Just let me give you a ride home, Jack. " He says.

" Okay, if you insist. "

" Which I do. " He says taking a sip of water. " Since you're here, you want to pitch for me? "

" Uhh, I can't throw, let alone pitch. "

" Come on it's not that hard. I'll show you. " He says and I smile standing up. I hop over the rails of the bleachers, landing in the red dirt. " Alright come on over to the pitchers mound. " He instructs and I walk up to the plate. He stands there with a ball tossing it to me as I approach. " So just stand here, " He says, grabbing my shoulders to position me. " So you are just going to throw it as hard as you can at the top of the fence behind the gate. And don't feel bad if you miss. " He says, twisting my shoulders back into position and running his hand up my back to straighten my stance. " Alright, let's see what you got. " He says. I take a breath and release the ball sending it flying to two feet in front of the home plate.

" Shit. " I say.

" Hey that was really good for a beginner. Mind if I help? " He asks and I shake my head.

" I think I need all the help I can get. " I say and he laughs.

" Your not that bad. You just gotta work on your stance. " He says coming behind me. He adjusts me again, pulling me slightly toward him. " So keep your body in line with the home plate, you can get more momentum. And spread your legs a bit. " He says, my mind drifting to spreading my legs in a different circumstance. I am pulled out of my trance when I feel a hand on my thigh. " Jack, you gotta relax. " He says, once my feet are adjusted. His strong hands gently rub my shoulders. " Release all that tension, just take a deep breath. " He says, which is hard for me as his hands work into my skin. " Okay, now put one arm out like this. " He demonstrates moving my hand with his. " Now cradle the ball and tuck back towards me. " He says, cupping my hand that has a grip on the ball. I lean my shoulder back until it's pressed against him. " Good. " He whispers, lips brushing my neck. " Now we swing this arm back then let the ball go as you come forward." I'm so overwhelmed and hardly understand what's happening. Next thing I know the gate rattles as the baseball smacks against it.

" See, it's not hard." Zack says and I laugh.

" That was all you. " I point out.

" I didn't even do anything, I just stood behind you. " He says. " Ready to pitch for me? "