Helicopter life.

There’s always been something oddly fascinating about these helicopter leaves. They fairly remind me of life. The way they grow so sweetly upon the maple trees during spring. They’re so new. As they keep growing, they grow another side. That seems to… complete them. As if they’re in love.

As they age they begin to brown, and crumple. The way a hurt and broken person might. Eventually, they begin to tumble from their branch. They quickly spin down to the ground. This reminds me of a moment in life that seems so fantastic but you know that you’re just going to end up broken. Well, that’s what happens to these. They hit the ground, and soon enough they depart from their partner. Just like couples.

They just lie there. Dying. Alone. But isn’t that what happens to human beings? Ultimately, our strength all dies out. Our love. Our passion for everything. Every last ounce of us goes into a different universe that we were just not intelligent enough to experience.

Isn’t it crazy? How such a small object can be so pointless, yet can go through all the same things we do? It’s odd you say? Maybe a little horrifying? I bet if those little plants had such complex minds as we do, they’d be thinking the same thing about us. Don’t underestimate any object. Because they could be just like you.