Orphan Lucy

"Mummy, where are we going?"

Lucy couldn't sit still in the car. Her mother turned around in the passenger seat and smiled. "Calm down, Lucifer. You're going to love it. You're going to have so much fun and make so many friends! Who knows, you may find a chest filled with diamonds and gold!" This really made Lucy happy, but then a thought struck her. "What about you and daddy," she asked. The shofar, named Aimon, looked at Lucy's mother with a look of worry and her mother returned the look. (A shofar is a person who is hired to drive a car for someone, usually a rich person. Just thought I'd make it clear to anyone who didn't know.)  "Uh,  daddy and I aren't aloud there, but you'll have fun. Daddy and I will be back for you soon, I promise," her mother said. Lucifer nodded and looked out the window, watching the trees go by and all the shadows flying past the window.

"We're here Lucifer," her mother said as Aimon opened the door for the little girl. She had long brown hair, bright green eyes and was fairly tall for a 7 year old. She was wearing a short white dress with a large diamond butterfly clip in her hair. She stepped out of the car and there in front of her was a huge building that was practically falling apart. It looked old and worn. A sign on the gate surrounding the place said, Starlight Orphanage. Lucy's mother grabbed her arm and marched her through the front door. Lucifer looked back to beg Aimon for help but she was too late. He waved at her once, tears streaming down his face, before fading away into the air.

She never left her room. Lucifer always sat on her bed, never making a sound. She had to share a room with a boy and another girl, but she didn't care for them. Every night, before everyone would show up to go to bed, Lucy would cry. She would tell herself, "They're coming back. I know they are. Mummy promised." One night, before everyone showed up, a boy about her age sat on the bed beside her and hugged her. "It's ok. You have us," he said in a whisper. Lucy wiped her eyes of tears and looked up at the boy who had appeared out of no where. "Who's us," she asked him. She was able to see him now. He was tall and very skinny. His eyes were a bright red with no pupils. He smiled and revealed a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. "Why us, of course," his voice had a slight hiss as he gestured to the empty room. Lucy gasped as she saw it. People, many people. All looked different. All looked... nonhuman. Lucy smiled at all of her new friends.

Just then her roommates walked in. They were the same age as her, maybe a little younger. They pointed and laughed at her. "Aww. Does Wucy miss her Ma Ma?" They mocked her in baby voices. Tears stung Lucy's eyes, but something grabbed her ankle. She didn't scream but looked down. It was the boy who had hugged her. He gave her an evil smile and gestured towards the kids. Lucy smiled back with an evil grin. The man released her ankle and crawled back under the bed. Lucifer stood and walked towards the boy and girl, the grin still on her face. The kids backed up slightly. Lucy raised her fist and cracked the boy across the face and kicked him in the side when he hit the floor. She turned to the girl and pushed her into the dresser. She kicked her as well. She got on her knees and crawled towards them. The boy and girl were crying, holding onto each other. "Please, please stop! You're scaring us!" Lucy loved the sound of fear. She let out a psychotic laugh as she inched closer to them.

8 years later, Lucy is still at Starlight Orphanage. She now knew the names of every ghost in the orphanage. They all respected her for her courage. No kid at the orphanage got in her way. They all practically served her, even the orphanage staff was scared of her! She didn't like to talk to anyone else except for the spirits in the orphanage, especially the boy who lives under the bed named Alexander. His father had drown him when he was born. He had decided to haunt the orphanage when he met Lucy.

Lucy grew jumpy and impatient. She would walk in circles on almost zero energy. "Why not sit down, my dear," Cassandra, the woman who lives in the closet asked her. She was short and skinny with solid white hair and eyes. Her voice always had a hint of sadness. Lucy shook her head. "No thank you, Cassandra. I'm just a little jittery, that's all." Cassandra nodded and returned to the closet. Lucy sighed and walked up to one of the mirrors that hung on the wall. She turned it around without even giving herself a look. She didn't want to see herself. She did the same to every mirror in the orphanage.

She still 'bullied' the kids, just to keep them in line. Lucifer loved it when kids would tell her to stop. She loved the sound of fear that tugged at their voices. It made her feel very happy to know that they were afraid of her. She wanted them to know the same fear she had felt.

On the day Lucy turned 18, she ran away. She said goodbye to each of the spirits in the orphanage and left. She ran away with nothing but a blunt kitchen knife she had stolen from the kitchen and the diamond hair clip that had been in her hair the day she was sent to the orphanage. She was wearing a black and white dress Cassandra and Meme, a talking gray cat who had an eye patch over one of her eyes, had made for her and no shoes. She ran until she found it. Her old home. It was a biggish home with two floors. The bottom floor living room light was on. She crept closer and looked through the window. There was her mother, sitting on the sofa, watching the TV. Lucifer grinned and climbed silently through one of the windows on the second floor. She tiptoed down the stairs that were right behind the sofa. "Mama," Lucy said in a little kid's voice. "I had a bad dream." Her mother didn't turn around. "Aww. I'm so sorry Lucy. Come an-" Her mother's voice froze. She slowly turned around with a look of terror and horror written across her face. Lucy smiled and jumped at her, making her black out.

When Lucy's mother woke up, she was tied to a chair, unable to move. She look around ready to scream. "Hush mother. You don't want to wake the neighbors, now do you?" Lucy asked with a devilish grin that was quickly replaced with a sad frown. "Where were you mama? Where were you? Why did you lie to me? You could have just told me and I wouldn't have been as mad, but why did you lie to me?! Why did you say that you'd be back for me when you weren't?" She was crying right along with her mother now. "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME?!" Lucifer yelled. "Lucifer, stop you're scaring me," her mother pleaded. Lucy got close to her face and said, "God damn right you should be scared of me." She whispered in her ear, "Who is in control?"

Lucy raised the knife that she had had hidden in the back of her dress. She ran it along her mother's neck before pushing it through. Her mother cried out at in went through the skin, then through muscle, then finally through the bone.

Officers arrived soon after. They found a young woman tied up in a chair with her head cut off and resting in her lap. On the wall, written in blood, it said, "Who Is In Control Now?" Just then, the officers all fell to the floor, bleeding from the neck, dead. Lucifer's laugh rang through the house.

No one can stay in the house. It is closed off to the pubic, but if one does somehow make it into the house, Lucifer and her friends from the orphanage shall haunt and kill them mercilessly.