Faith to Fall Back On

DING! DING! DING!

"You all have a great summer, your dismissed," said Mr.Curry.

I grabbed my backpack and my skateboard. Once I walked out the door I started towards the main exit. As I was walking I met up with my best friends, Eliq Conlee and Ever Smith. As so as we all got out of those doors we hopped onto our skateboards heading to my house.

"Im so glad it's finally summer!" said Eliq.

Eliq has light brown eyes, dirty blonde hair, and freckles dotted over his pale complexion. Also not to mention towers over me.

"God me too," replied Ever.

Ever like Eliq, towers over me. But unlike him he had eyes that were blue, dark brown hair, and a more tan complexion.

"Hey mom," I said putting my stuff down.

"Hey Zoe. How was school today Hun?" asked my mom.

"It was the last day, so great of course," I replied.

"And how are you boys?"

"Great and you Ms.Calaycay?" replied Ever.

"Fine, and how many times to I have to tell you boys to call me Brenda?"

"Too many," smiled Eliq.

"Well I'll see you guys later I'm going to head back to work" said my mom before she left.

I picked my stuff back up and headed upstairs to my room while Eliq and Ever followed me.

"Say, where's JC?" asked Eliq referring to my little brother.

"You know, just because he's my brother does not mean I can magically know where he always is. But he's most likely with Savanna," I replied.

"Man he's still with her? I don't know how he does it. I mean yeah, she's smokin' but,"

"Just because your with a different girl every week," I told Eliq.

Savanna is my brothers girlfriend. They've been together for only a month now but I can tell they really like each other. Savanna had long blonde hair and dark brown eyes. My brother JC's real name is actually Jacob Calaycay, and has light brown hair a tan complexion and green eyes just like me. Even though he's my little brother, just like everyone else he's much taller than me.

I heard someone coming up the stairs. The door opened and sure enough it was someone. A girl with curly dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes walked in.

"Haven't you heard of a door bell?" said Ever.

"What, the door was unlocked," said the girl.

I just laughed. The girl was Dominique Rodgers but we call her Nika(Nee-kah). She my girl best friend, the one of the only girls I could actually stand. She is also Eliqs step sister since they were like 3.

"Hey Nika, I thought you weren't coming, thought you had a date with Josh," I said.

"Well turns out Mr.Price had to work late so he had to stay and watch his little brother and sister," she replied plopping herself next to me on the bed.

"Im bored can we watch a movie?" asked Eliq.

With that we all went downstairs. We all sat on the couch Eliq on one end, Ever on the other while I sat between him and Nika. We sat there watching Identity Thief laughing away. I got up and walked to the kitchen to make some popcorn. I opened the pantry searching for the popcorn, and sure enough it was on the top shelf. I got on my tiptoes stretching my arm, my fingertip touching the box. Suddenly a hand grabbed the box and I turned around. I looked up to see a pair of blue eyes looking down at me.