Silent Saviour

Her name was Alex. She had been ready for the humans to come. She had heard them when they attempted to quietly step through the trees towards them. Alex was waiting in the shadows.
" Sir, do you think  Shadowheart will come?" One of the soldiers asked tentatively.
" I sure hope not, just send a watch around the building to look for her," The leader answered tersely.
" No need for that, I'm right here," Alex purred smoothly.
The soldiers gasped and turned in circles, trying to find her. She crept around them in circles letting out small little bursts of laughter. She loved to scare the humans.
" You boys can't even get my name right!" She added harshly before striking.
She let out a scream that echoed around the troop. Mist curled form the ground around their feet and rise to engulf their vision. She was merely a shape flitting easily around them, cackling in laughter to try and scare them.
" Face us Shadowheart!" The leader yelled.
He and his twenty men were huddled together in the mist.
" Tut, tut tut, you got it wrong again," Alex said in a deep voice.
Alex was behind them now and smiled.
" If you want me, come get me, I'm not going anywhere," She invited.
Gunshots flew in her direction but she was gone form that spot by now. She was now on the other side of them. The soldiers turned in wild circles, searching for her. She suddenly materialised out of the mist with a grin on her face.
" Gentlemen, how nice to see you face to face," She said, beaming.
" You're a kid!" The leader exclaimed in surprise.
" You're a soldier!" She mimicked in exaggerated shock.
" We don't fear you," the leader answered in an attempt for bravery.
" Is that what you said two nights ago? No, I believe it was more along the lines of ' you Stormhearts are all going to wish you were never born'" Alex quoted.
The leader widened his eyes and his mouth formed an O.
" You were there?" He inquired.
" Oh yes, remember that little girl who stood in front of her sibling while you killed her parents. Yeah, remember her, well, she's back," Alex spat furiously.
The leader shrunk at her tone, he truly regretted that but he couldn't back down now.
" Well, I'm leaving and you better as well because these kids you came here to destroy are under my protection," Alex added as she turned to walk away.
" You don't get to walk away from this," The leader yelled after her.
He raised his hand in a fist and his soldiers opened fire. One of the bullets hit Alex in her side and she grimaced.
"  Well, would you look at that? I'd say that was a bad idea," Alex said in annoyance.
She turned and lashed out. Kicking and punching until all of the soldiers lay unconscious on the ground.
She took their guns and threw them away.
" Hello?" A voice said.
Alex stiffened. Turning her head to see who had spoken she saw that four people were silhouetted in the doorway of the house, aroused by the gunshots. Alex leaped in to the darkness of a shadow and wrapped herself tightly in the black cloak she wore.
" Come out, we want to thank you," Cal said.
Alex smile pd but they couldn't see. Slowly she stood and took off. They only saw her shadow until she ran off.
" Thank you silent saviour," They muttered together as they watched her leave.