Chapter 1: Back From The Summer

Lewis' POV

"New school year." I said to Simon as we entered Tekkit high.

"Yep." Simon replied, he wasn't so good with words, except for the words; dwarf, Jaffa, Jaffa, diggy diggy hole, and Jaffa.

"No more mines for you, Simon." I joked, because I knew that Simon was probably digging all summer with his brothers of the mine.

"I know, I sure am glad that we have free periods this year." Simon commented. I knew that because he was a dwarf he would miss the mines, but I was glad to see my friend.

"Any new epic stories for Duncan and I?" I inquired, Simon always came back to school with stories that were over exaggerated, but nice to listen to all the same.

"You bet." He said excitedly, clapping his callused hands together.

"Good, let's get to our dorm." I suggested. Simon nodded and we headed off to the office. Principal Ridgedog gave us our papers and we found our dorm number 1A. The very first dorm on the very first floor. When we go to the dorm we put all our stuff down.

When we were finished unpacking Simon had his side looking normal but with a piece of ore on his bedside table. I bet he missed the mine.

"Come on friend, let's go find Duncan." I suggested.

"Okay." He replied. We headed out of the dorm and it wasn't too hard to find Duncan. We just went to the science classroom. When we got there we found our lab-coated friend.

"Hi, Lewis. Hi Simon!" He greeted as we entered.

"Hi, friend." I said, "Good summer?"

"Yes, I've been working on a portal gun." He told me, I smiled at my friend's unbreakable love for science and inventing new things.

"I was down in the mine." Simon announced, stating the facts that were made obvious because of his callused hands.

"So you'll have good stories for us then?" Duncan asked with a chuckle, saying almost the exact thing I had said earlier.

"Of course!" Simon exclaimed, "So there was this one time, when we were in the mine, where..."

"Simon, tell us later please." Duncan pleaded. I nodded in agreement and Simon sighed but agreed in the end.

"Did you guys see that new girl?" Duncan inquired, leaning on one of the many desks in the science classroom.

"What new girl?" Simon asked. Neither him nor I had seen a new girl when we got here nor when we were walking in the school.

"That one that had the long blonde hair." Duncan explained, trying to see if Simon and I had seen the new girl he was talking about.

"Sjin dressed as Elsa?" I guessed, Sjin had indeed done that before and it wouldn't surprise me if he did it again. It loved Frozen too much to be healthy.

"No, the one with the hat." Duncan said exasperatedly, miming wearing a hat.

"No, we definitely did not see her." I confirmed, shaking my head a couple of times to emphasize my point.

"Oh, well she was talking with Martyn's girlfriend, Kaeyi." Duncan told us, "I saw them while I was getting all the papers and such from Principal Ridgedog in the school office."

"Cool, I was wondering if we would get anyone new at the school this year." I said, telling my friends what I had indeed been wondering the second I saw the metal gates of Tekkit High School.

"I wonder if they have any Jaffas yet." Simon said thoughtfully, tapping his finger on his chin. I burst out in laughter along with Duncan. Simon looked at us strangely and I stifled my laughs.

"Sorry about that, Simon." Duncan apologized, trying to hold back laughter. Then we got on about our summers and what we did, then about what we wanted for this year, it also turned into some joking about I wanted to go to the moon and I wanted a castle or I wanted my very own Jaffa Cake Factory. It was overall super fun, but that's because this year of Tekkit high school hasn't officially started yet.