My Life

The challenges of life started even before I was born on March 6,1994.

While growing up I did not see anyone to call a dad all i've seen is my mother struggling and battering through life.Grew up very poor.

W

e lived in a one room,all of us in one bed Kitchen,bathroom and bedroom everything in one.The walls were very rough like a grater the floor was very bad too very sqeaky.

I often asked my mom for my dad but she didnt answer and this had a huge impact on my life I dont like to see my mom unhappy.Never knew what a tv was like.We never begged either but asked God to provide.

My mother couldn't afford rent so very soon our landlord gave us notice and we were left with no where to go.My mother was devastated along with my sibblings Tia and Mark.

Mother tried a little farming but everything she tried failed.
While in primary school I held my head up.I went to school hungry and my skin very dry and rough like that of a crocodile.

When I was 11 years of age we moved to a community I had high hopes that this might be a turn around but the worst was yet to come I bared the worst hungries of my life. I tried to wash persons clothes but they took advantage of me and didnt want to pay me. I walked to and from school sat at school with my sibblings and ate nothing many nights it was only yam and oil but I gave thanks.

My mom took ill for 3 months during that time we werent in school I asked God for strength to endure.

The year of my grade Six achievement test I worked really hard and passed for Manchester High school all on my mind was how I was going to attend high school but i believed that God will provide that very same day my mom got somewhere better to live her illness was better with the help of God.

One night there was a crusade beside my house I went and I was delivered my mom too.From that day she was given a job so she could take care of us.Never hungry again had proper clothes.One year later I met my dad but he still isnt apart of my life.God has taken control of our lives.

My mom now happily married.I now have a degree in law my brother and sister in high school doing well.

I've been through alot from being hungry,having one pair of shoes,feeling left out feeling like hope is gone but I worked hard and didnt follow others to do wrong.

I am very proud of my self having 13 CXC's.I can say I've been through alot but look where I am today because God turned around my life. Thanks to God and my mother who fathered me.