Simon Minter Oneshot

"Simon! No! Please! SIMON!"

He heard her anguished screams, the sound almost hurting his ears, and as she screamed and screamed by the doorway of the sidemen house, Simon continued to walk, every step the most painful step he had ever taken.

"Simon please!" she sobbed, falling to her knees.

He turned.

"I'm sorry, Chloe. I can't do this."

He turned back around, and stepped once more around the corner. He continued to walk until he couldn't hear her anymore, then he fell on all fours, and sobbed, hitting the ground as his heart started to hurt more and more. He eventually fell, and sobbed until dawn.

*

Simon had obviously fallen asleep; he woke up in a different place to where he remembered he was.

"Simon.."

He looked towards the door, and Vik's brother Lewis stood there, looking at him sadly.

"Vik told me to bring you here. He didn't want you going back there..."

Simon grunted and got up out of the spare bed, walking straight past Lewis and out the door.

He didn't care that he wore the same clothes as yesterday; he didn't care that his stomach nagged at him to get food; he didn't care that his hair was like a bird's nest; he didn't care that he looked like a tramp. He just didn't care. There was nothing in the world he cared about now. He lost his love to some low-life, and there was nothing he could do about it.

He walked and didn't realise where his thoughts were going until he bumped into a little child, who snapped him back to reality.

"Sorry, sir," the little boy mumbled. He wore a red stripy shirt with denim dungarees. His light blond hair shone in the sunlight as it flew about his face.

Simon mumbled and walked past him, feeling nothing, until he sat down on a swing, where he came to a sudden realisation of where he was; his and Chloe's favourite park to go to. They used to sit and laugh, take selfies, and film videos here.

Simon felt his heart pang, and before he knew it, he was sobbing, and grabbing his heart. He fell off the swing, and grabbed onto the sides of the swing to keep him upright.

He didn't feel anything, anyone. He just felt the pain from losing Chloe, and didn't even know where he was. The pain was too much, and he felt the world go black again.

*

When Simon woke again, it wasn't to the same room he was in before. This time it was his own room. He gasped and shot up. He panicked and fell out of bed.

He heard footsteps to his bedroom and Josh burst in.

"Simon! I thought you'd done something stupid."

"Why did you bring me back here?" he said, his voice scratchy and hoarse from all his sobbing.

"Simon - "

"No, Josh. I need to get out, now."

He got up and walked to the door. He tried and tried to push Josh out of the way but he just raised an eyebrow.

"She's not here. She went to a friend's. You still live here. She should be the one to move out."

"No, she shouldn't. I should. I'm pathetic, and that's why she cheated on me. She deserves so much better, including living here. I'm just going to go.."

"No, Simon. This is your home, and you're staying."

Simon sighed and fell back to his bed.

Josh walked out.

Simon lay staring at the ceiling, and he didn't think he'd ever get over her.

*

Chloe sat down in her friend's apartment.

"Chlo, you should talk to him. Just explain. He'll understand."

"No, he won't. He'll be thinking he's not good enough for me. He'll think I left him for that douche."

"Right," said her friend, Jenny. "I'm taking you over there right now, and you're explaining to him. I'll show him the original photo and I've already put it on Instagram."

"Alright," sighed Chloe.

*

"Simon!"

Josh came bounding up the stairs, open phone in his hand.

"What?" mumbled Simon.

"Look!"

Simon got up and Josh walked over to him, holding out his phone, open on Instagram, on Chloe's friend Jenny's account.

It was a picture of Chloe and Jenny, Chloe kissing Jenny's cheek at the party they were at last night, all obviously drunk.

"So? That doesn't mean a thing," Simon said, lying back down.

"No, look!"

Josh got the pictures up together, and compared them.

"Look, it's the same photo of Chloe. The guy obviously photoshopped it!"

Just as Simon was about to react, the doorbell rang throughout the house.

"I'll get it!" yelled Vik.

Simon ran down the stairs and stood by the door, where Chloe stood, tears slowly dripping down her face. Jenny stood behind her, and she slowly walked away, back into her car, and home.

She ran into Simon's arms, and he caught her, sobbing and stroking her hair.

"I'm sorry," he whispered, over and over again, until he was sure it went in.

"It's OK. I just want you back."

"I love you so much, Chloe, and I won't ever leave you again. I promise."

"I love you too, Simon."

They kissed, and Simon smiled slightly.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," he said.

"HEY!" Yelled Vik, JJ and Josh.

And they all lived happily ever after.