changed: a nelena story

Nick's mother could smell the beer on her 17 year old son when he walked in the door early Sunday morning. It was almost 3am and again he had snuck out to go party with his friends.

"Nicholas Jerry Jonas" she said as she turned on the light near the front door making him jump.

"Yea?" he said kicking his shoes off and throwing his jacket in the closet. at least he was still clean when intoxicated.

"Where have you been? it's three in the morning!" she said crossing her arm in the mom way which let him know he had irritated her and she hadnt slept yet.

"Out." he knew she hated one word answers when she was upset, but his head was killing him and he'd passed out at a girl's house who he didn't know and he smelt like beer and all he wanted to do was get to bed and not wake up until Logan called him for another party run.

"Out? Out! Are you kidding me? Obviously you've been 'out'. I want to know where you were." she was growing more and more irritated by the second and she had started tapping her foot.

"I was at a party." he replied moving up the stairs stumbling as he did so. he could hear her behind him, stomping as she took each step. "Why are you following me?" he asked reaching his door and walking into his bedroom.

"Me, you, and your father are gonna talk tomorrow morning." she said before turning around and going into her room where her husband lay fast sleep. she crawled into bed with him wondering if the plan they had out in motion would make even a dent in her son's personality. she wondered why he was like this. was the LA life getting to his head? was he really as jerky as he portrayed? were his friends pressuring him to act this way? she didn't know. but she did know that the news he was about to hear wouldn't be what he was expecting. Texas would be good for him though. less urban and fast life. he could take time to himself and really fix where he's going wrong. These thoughts ran in circles in her head and she laid her head on her husband's chest feeling his heart beat. she wanted what was best for her son, even if it meant sending him away.