Chapter 1

"Hey," Frank greets his fiancé with a smile on his face. He leans in and pecks her lips. "I got everything we need for dinner from the grocery store."
She smiles weakly, worrying Frank. He looks at her in confusion.
"Laur, is everything all right?" he asks, stepping closer to her and putting his hand on the back of her neck. "You're scaring me..."
"I just.. I have to show you something," she says, and takes his hand. "Promise you won't freak out on me?"
"Of course," he nods his head, and sets the grocery bags down.
He takes her hand and follows her where she leads him- the bathroom. She picks something up from the table and opens her hand up nervously, revealing what it is: a positive pregnancy test. His eyes go wide.
"Frank, I'm pregnant," she confesses.
He presses his lips together.
"A-are you sure?" he asks.
"Yes," she responds, nodding her head. "I've taken multiple pregnancy tests, and they've all come out the same. I missed my period, and I threw up this morning before work. It has to be. Are you mad at me?"
"Mad at you? Of course not!" he tells her, and kisses her. A huge grin appears on his face. "You're havin' my baby, Laur. Why would I be mad at you? It's our baby. It's a team effort, you know."
She laughs and hugs him. Tears start pouring out of her eyes.
"It's gonna be okay," he tells her. "I love you so much, and we're going to get through this together."
She smiles at him.
"I love you, Frank," she says.
He smiles back at her.
"We're getting married and we're having a baby," he says, cupping her cheeks. "Can you believe it?"
Laurel shakes her head.
"I'm scared," she confesses. "Happy, but so, so scared."
"Don't you know that I'm scared, too?" he laughs.
"No. You always look so... calm," she chuckles.
"I hope it doesn't worry you, but I'm also pretty damn scared," he says, and kisses her again. "But we're gonna do this right."
She laughs and kisses him again. She can't believe how much she loves him. It's crazy how they went from hooking up at work to falling in love with each other. But she's so happy it happened.
"I'll cook dinner," he tells her. "I have to make sure Baby Delfino comes out strong."
Laurel rolls her eyes playfully and squeezes Frank's hand.
"You're going to be such a good dad," she says. "I know it."
"Only because I'll have help from the best mom ever," he chuckles. "Sit down. Let me treat you like the queen you are tonight."
She pecks his lips one last time before going to the dining table to sit down. She puts her hand on her stomach. There's a baby in there, and she can hardly believe it. They eat dinner together, and get into bed.
"My mom's gonna be so thrilled to know we're havin' a baby," Frank says as they lay in bed. His arms are wrapped around Laurel, and her head is on his chest. He places his hand on her stomach, gently tracing circles. "She's always liked you."
"I'm not the biggest fans of my own parents, but they were actually supportive about me getting married. I don't know how they'll react to me being pregnant, but-" she begins.
"Hey, it's gonna be fine," he assures her.
"I know, I just want them to realize that you're not just some guy to me," she says.
"Well, you're marryin' me, so don't they know?" he asks with a chuckle.
"I guess, but they still think it's not going to last," she shrugs. "But it is. They don't see it, but I'm completely in love with you, Frank."
"Then I guess they also don't realize that I'm completely in love with you," he grins and kisses the top of her head. "Night, beautiful. We've gotta make sure the baby gets lots of rest, don't we?"
Laurel rolls her eyes playfully and shuts her eyes. She's going to be a wife and a mother soon.