Chapter 1- The beginning

It is the year 2050. The world is in chaos, total chaos. This is my story how I survived the apocalypse, but first things first, let's start at the beginning.

Tohru POV:

I'm a survivor, my name is Tohru. There isn't anyone who can call me that anymore. I'm alone. It all started a year ago I was about ten years old, when the epidemic started. The year 2035. No one knows how it started, but people changed. It spread very fast. This story starts when my family and I learned about the epidemic, it was a normal day at home.

My twin brother and sister and I went shopping in the mall for groceries. When suddenly outside at the street people started screaming, there was panic. We ran outside to see what happened, only to see people attack each other. Biting, hitting, blood, it was total chaos. We ran, the only thought we had is to get home. My brother and sister were running fast, they were holding hands while running. Then we came across a shop were the news was broadcasted, I stopped for a minute to listen what happened.. I was shocked to hear the news, it was bad. Really bad, the epidemic how they called it was spreading fast, it already spread to several parts of the world. How is this possible I taught. I suddenly realize that I stopped while I should keep moving. I get to reality when I suddenly hear my brother screaming: "TOOOHRU come quick!! We have to get home as soon as possible!!" I turn back to see my siblings and nod.. I ran to my siblings.. We run and kept on running fast to the apartment we live in.. There was blood everywhere... people getting hurt, people attacking each other. It was horrible. We ran across the stairs to reach our apartment. The staircase of the apartment didn't look better as outside. My sister was trying to find the keys, but she was shaking. It only took longer this way. I already heard people running on the stairs, are they already inside the buildings. This is bad. I took her keys, she looked at me shocked. I just took the key of the door and say: "Go inside both of you". They both looked at me quite shocked that I, the little sister, was so calm about everything. Inside me I wasn't calm at all, I was freaked out. We all got inside quick... when suddenly we hear people bonking at the door... I screamed: "NOOO DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR!!" But it was too late.. my father opened the door and...

End of dream..

I suddenly wake up.. The same dream as always, that horrible day everything started. That day, it is already a year ago. The epidemic was still going on, but most of the people were already one of them.. Yea, the epidemic spread when people bite each other. After they got a bite wound of someone infected they will start to change in one of them. I don't know how they are called, but I just call them infected. They are quite zombie like, like in the movies. But unfortunately this isn't a movie.. it is reality. I still live in the apartment where I used to live with my family. I searched for other survivors but couldn't find anyone.. The world outside is quiet, too quiet. I often go outside to get some food or other supplies, but the infected always find me.. It's like they are attracted to me. But I'm prepared to face them. I found quite some stuff everywhere, guns, swords all kind of stuff. It's been a year that I'm surviving in this situation.

* Crack * * Whispers*

I was shocked, it sounded as people. I ran to the window and I was right, people, normal people, survivors. I was shocked but also afraid.. I heard the infected still slamming at my door. Then I realize.. I'm glad I barricaded the door and downstairs entrance as well. What a relief.. But what if they want to rescue me.. They will face danger.. I'm still looking outside the window, with my gun in my hand ready to take action anytime. The group off normal people suddenly saw me, I was afraid, I stooped right under my window. When I heard the girl of the bunch yelling: "There was a girl!! Right there. We need to save her!" I stood up and yelled: "No!! Stay there, the infected are everywhere!!" The others from the bunch that didn't see me right away, did see me this time.. They were whispering at each other. When one of the guys yelled: "It's gonna' be allright. We're coming to save you!" No no no.. this is not good.. What to do...

KmS})