Perfect

For many years, there has been peace on Earth, until one day, one special day, that would change the world forever. She was born.

The year is 2016, in Los Angeles, California

Beep, beep, be- "time to get ready for school or you're going to be late. And breakfast is ready". My mother yells, through the layer of cement that's separating us. After hitting the snooze button, for what I think would be the tenth time now, I finally get up. I head to the bathroom to wash up and brush my teeth. I take the necklace beneath my shirt and look at it, I had it since I was born, my parents told me this was the first thing they put on me. It's a tear drop like shape locket, my parents tell me that it will open on its own in time, but I think it's broken, I don't know why I keep it with me although I know it's broken, I just do. I try to remember a time when I took it off, I don't think I ever did, but I start to remember the time when I was walking home and someone tried to steal it. His eyes turned red for a second, but thankfully someone helped and he loss his grip on me and so I started to run, wanting to thank the person but was too afraid to go back. Why would he want the necklace in the first place? It was broken after al- The loud rush of the running water, brings me back to reality.

Like any other day, I was greeted by my wonderful parents. Dad looking at the morning newspaper and mom watching her morning news.

"So for your party, would you like your father to escort you in or Alex"?

"Of course dad, I mean I know Alex is my boyfriend and all, but a special day like that, calls for the number one guy in my life, and you only turn 16 once". I say

"That's my baby girl, just imagine in 2 weeks your going to be 16. We have to start preparing you".

I could feel the glare my mother was giving to my dad.

"Preparing me for what"? Feeling as though they're hiding something from me.

-"preparing you for the real world" my mom says abruptly.

"We better get going or you'll be late".

---------------------------------------------

"So todays lesson we will learn the formula to- I mute the rest of lesson, and go into thought.

Natasha nudges me, when the room is silent and all eyes are on me.

"Now Anabel can you tell me the answer to this problem, since you seem to know it all to not listen. mmh"

......

"You should stop daydreaming, and pay more attenti-"

"1,998"

"What, speak up Anabel."

"The answer to the problem is one thousand, nine-hundred, ninety eight."

"That...is..correct...miss Anabel good job"

The whole class burst into a slight laughter

"So aren't you going to invite me to your party?" Natasha asks

"Well you don't need my invite, is it not implied that since your my best friend that you have to be there"

"Then you also have to attend mine, right."

"You got yourself a deal. Yours is on September 1st right."

"Yep, I can't wait for yours it's all I hear people talking about in the halls, being invited to the grad mansion of the Grandmyths. Hey looks like you got a secret admire" pointing to the door.

I turn and see Alex outside of my classroom door, telling me to come out.

"May I go to the restroom" I say, trying to sound convincing, knowing that even I wouldn't believe myself.