Prologue

[3rd Person]

It wasn't long after Aria's death that Noel found himself falling from the skies of Valhalla. That's where he met Lightning, a woman fighting to protect the people of Cocoon and Gran Pulse. She gave him an order -- to find her sister Serah. Noel was given Mog, a shape-shifting Moogle.

A good luck charm, Lightning had said.

Give him to Serah.

Lightning showed Noel the gate below them, something he'd use to jump through time. She sends him on his way, but they're stopped by Lightning's rival. Noel recognised him as Caius, a man whom he'd grown up with and worked beside.

However, there was no time for questions -- Caius attacked, leaving Noel no choice but to flee as Lightning covered him.

He knew his mission was now to find Serah... But he couldn't help but to think of Caius. Did he know of Aria's death?

~•~•~•~•~

[Aria's POV]

Eighteen years.

Eighteen years since I had last seen him. All I possessed were memories of the man, despite never meeting him in this lifetime.

Noel.

I grew up remembering events that had never happened to me, with people I had never met.

Caius.

Yeul.

I knew exactly who they were. Deep inside me, I felt attached to these people. I didn't understand why, but I wanted to find out.

When a strange structure appeared in my lonely village, I immediately recognised it. It was a gate, allowing the opportunity to travel through time.

I remembered using it, in my previous life. When I had approached the gate, a vision was forced upon me.

Noel, and a girl with pink hair. They were on a beach, with fiends surrounding them. Villagers were running in a panic. People were dying.

With no warning to the villagers, I left.