our story

"Daddy," Caroline, Jonah's 5 year old daughter had called out to him.

"Yes babygirl?" Jonah said, buttoning his jean jacket, then kneeling to get to the height of his child.

"Can we visit Uncle Corbie and Auntie Lizzy so I can play with Camila and Elias?" She pleaded, her hazel eyes sparkling.

"But me and mommy have a date tonight." Jonah frowned, placing a strand of his daughter's brown hair behind her ear.

Her bottom lip quivered into a pout and she crossed her arms. "But if I go on your date I'll be bored! All you and mommy do is touch your lips together anyway!"

Jonah's face turned a shade of bright red as he shook his head and carried Caroline in his arms. He was embarrassed that his daughter had actually seen his and her mother making out, them of course not noticing. The words she had put together to express "kissing" was quite hilarious to him, though.

Jonah approached his and Danielle's bedroom, and set Caroline down on their bed, where Caroline just sat and hung her feet over the edge of the bed.

Jonah looked up to see his wife dressed normally (which was always mesmerizing to his sight) to see her putting on her watch, and he placed his hands on her waist, gently resting his chin on her shoulder.

"I heard your conversation with Caroline over there," Danielle laughed while helping Jonah even out his jacket. "We should ask Corbyn if he could babysit for awhile, so it's just me and you."

"Really babe?" Jonah raised his eyebrows and nuzzled his head into her neck. "You sure you don't want to bring our baby girl with us?"

Danielle turned to face Jonah and wrapped her arms around his neck. "Let's be honest here, baby. The kid will get bored just sitting and eating. We should bring her to Corbyn's."

Jonah sighed and nodded, kissing her lips one time then turning to her pouting daughter who was looking at the ground. "Caroline?"

"Yeah."

"You're going to Uncle Corbie's for the night." Jonah said, sitting next to his daughter.

She looked up at her father and her eyes lit up, which was one of the cutest things he had ever seen. "Really Daddy? Really Mommy?" She looked to Danielle.

The two parents nodded as Caroline jumped around and cheered, then running to her room to pack her pink backpack.

"I'll help her, you go call Corbyn." Danielle instructed, and Jonah nodded, taking out his phone.

Once he dialed the number, he had waited for 3 rings until someone could actually pick up, and he fell backwards onto the mattress.

"Hello?" A familiar voice answered.

"Hey idiot," Jonah smiled as he was able to hear his best friend's voice again after four months.

"Jonah, it's funny how you still call me that after 16 years. What's up?" Corbyn said, sounding extremely happy as well.

"Oh, yeah when we were back in high school. Anyways, Caroline wants to hang out with Elias and Mila because she hasn't seen them in awhile, and me and Danielle are going on a date, so do you think you can babysit my baby for the night?" Jonah asked, running his fingers through his hair.

"Yeah, sure! Camila and Elias miss having Caroline around. But when are WE gonna have a date?" Corbyn said, laughing.

"Soon, Corbyn." Jonah chuckled. "We'll have her there around 5, alright?"

"Alright, bye."

"Bye." And Jonah hung up the phone, going on to help his wife and daughter.

*•*•*•*