Chapter One: The Worst Possible News Ever

"What? You can't expect me to marry that asshole. I mean come on. He hates me. I hate him. How would we live in the same house without killing each other," I ask my father.

I just found out the worst possible news. My parents set up an arranged marriage. To my high school bully, Jason Carmichael. I mean, what parent does that to their daughter? Well its a really easy question to answer: my parents. That's who. Only they would put me through the torture of marrying that prick.

"Sophia. Enough. You're marrying him whether you like it or not. So suck it up and deal with it. His family is wealthy and so is ours. It only makes sense for the two wealthiest families to become one," he tells me.

"I'M. NOT. MARRYING. HIM. End of story. He used to torment me back in high school. There's no way in hell I'm marrying him. And you can't make me," I scream at him, stomping my foot.

"I'm your father and you'll do as I say," he all but screams at me. I flinch and whimper and his expression goes from murderous to one that looks almost sad. "I'm sorry baby girl. I didn't mean to yell at you like that. But this is the way it has to be. They're coming over tonight and having dinner with us. I expect you to be on your best behavior. Dress nice. I don't need you embarrassing me," he says, dismissing me so I can go get ready.

I walk to my room. Yes, I still live with my parents. I'm a spoiled brat, what can I say?

I enter my room and immediately go to my wardrobe. What to wear. What to wear. I go through everything in my closet but nothing catches my eye. Maybe its time for a shopping spree. Yea, I think so. I grab my keys and cell.

I walk out of my room, down the stairs and out my front door, and get in my pretty, baby blue camaro. I put the key in the ignition and turn it, hearing my car hum. I quickly pull out and drive in the direction of our local mall.

--------------------

I'm scanning the rack of designer dresses in front of me until one of them catches my eye. Its a sexy little number. I grab it and practically run to the dressing rooms.

I open one of the dressing rooms and walk in. I quickly take all of my clothes off and pull the dress on, carefully zipping it up in the back. It reaches mid thigh. Its a little black dress, that's damn near see through. Its bunched up at the sides and dips down low between my breasts. It looks absolutely breathtaking on me with my pale complexion and blonde hair. It makes my curves look amazing.

I'm totally buying this dress. I love it. I quickly unzip the dress and dress in my regular clothes. I put the dress back on the hanger and go back to looking at dresses. Seeing if I like anything else. Unfortunately, I don't see anything I like so I go up to the cash register. I hand the dress to the cashier.

"Is that everything," she asks. I nod. "Okay. That'll be $79.99." She folds the dress up and puts it in a bag.

I hand her the money and patiently wait for my bag.

She hands me the bag and I walk out the store and to the food court to grab a drink. I'm standing in line waiting until I see my best friend come in the mall with her boyfriend. I don't really like him so I get out of line and head straight for the doors without being noticed.

I make my way towards my car and unlock it before hopping in. I buckle my seat belt and start the car.

--------------------

I pull into my driveway and get out. I grab my bag off the passenger seat and shut the door behind me, locking the doors in the process. I walk to the front door and open it seeing my mother in the room talking to my father.

"Hey. Sorry. I know I'm late. I had to go buy a new dress. You told me to dress nice so I am. I'll just go get ready now," I say, excusing myself.

I run up the stairs to my room and begin getting ready. I do my makeup first. I do a black Smokey eye and cat eye combined and wear a bright red, glossy lipstick and some blush. Then I do my hair in perfect ringlets.

I put my dress on. I grab my silvers stilettos and put them on last and sit back down in front of my mirror, giving myself a pep talk.

You can do this Soph. You're only having dinner with him and his family. How hard can it be? Ugh. Who am I kidding? I can't do this. Why did I even agree to this? Oh wait, I didn't. I was forced into it. God, why do my parents want to torture me like this???? Ugh.

"Sophia. Come down here and let me see how you look," I hear my mother say.

"Coming."

I walk out of my room and go downstairs and twirl around for my mom.

"Oh goodness. Hunny, you look beautiful," she gushes.

"Thanks."

There's a knock on the door and I go over to open it. My heels clicking on the hardwood floor.

I open the door to see none other than Jason Carmichael and his parents.

Jason looks absolutely stunning and I feel my mouth go dry. He's wearing a suit and a baby blue tie. His blonde hair slicked to the side. I can smell his aftershave and my mouth waters at the scent.

I continue to ogle him until I hear someone clear their throat. I look up to find him smirking.

I step to the side.

"Please. Come in."