Ziam- Truly, Madly, Deeply

Okay this One-Shot is a bit short but I love this song !! Enjoy :)

Truly, Madly, Deeply- Ziam

I woke up and immediately rubbed my face with one hand because my other was captured. I slowly cracked open an eye and something was different. The smell was different and it was much warmer around my chest. The feeling was so familiar and I like it, no love it. Yes, love.

I looked down and saw the person with the black messed up hair. His tattooed arm wrapped around my torso. I smiled and lay my head back in the pillow and stared at the ceiling. Is this real?

Am I asleep, am I awake, or somewhere in between?

I can’t believe that you are here and lying next to me

Or did I dream that we were perfectly entwined

Like branches on a tree, or twigs caught on a vine?

Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss

And all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this,

I still remember how I completely fell in love with him five years ago. I was twelve and he was thirteen. We were in the same year. I still remember how he walked into class with that short black hair and these shining brown eyes. He looked through the room and made himself comfortable in the seat right in front of me. I knew that I was in love since then.

It might be cliché but I knew and still know it.

My feelings grew with the years and it didn’t get better when he didn’t even recognize me. It was just me watching him. I don’t think that he actually knew my name.

In the first year Zayn was always the funny one of the class. Responding with jokes and the teachers still love him. I just stared at his back all the time and imagined my hands on it, feeling the warmth coming from him I am sure exists. I dreamed of him cracking jokes when we both would stay up late because that is what couples do but he doesn’t know who I am and therefore there is no time for dreams.

In the second year he spoke to me for the first time. He asked if I got a pencil. I just nodded and gave him mine. It was the only one I got and I gave it to him. Needless to say that I was screwed for the lesson but it was worth it because when I handed it over, he gave me that smile. This incredible smile which made my heart melt. He called me ‘mate’ that day, too.

In the third year I knew him, he completely ignored me, like literally. We never had conservation since the pencil-thing. But then we had football and I kind of needed to speak to Zayn because the teacher asked me to tell Zayn he had to come and talk to Mr. Wild. My fourteen-year-old me breathed in, walked towards Zayn and began to say what the teacher told me but Zayn just spoke with his friends and completely ignored me. I repeated the same speech again, a little louder this time and he still laughed about something with his friends. I touched his shoulder (imagining about doing this when we would lie in the same bed) and he turned around annoyed. I told him and ran to the toilet. I was a complete fool.

The fourth year actually was calm. Since that embarrassing moment Zayn gave me glares which meant to kill me, I was sure of that. I didn’t know what I actually did but I was still in love with him. More than ever because angry he looks sort of perfect, not just angry, like it doesn’t matter in what mood he was, he’ll find a way to make it look good. Well if I overthink the whole year I think it wasn’t that calm anymore. He would accidently trip over my food in the cafeteria or throw a ball to my head in football. I didn’t know why he did this but I accepted that he would never fall in love with me. But my feelings stayed and were stronger than ever. Even if they are unrequited.