No Pressure: We Have Each Other

The blonde can feel her bottom lip trembling as she gets up off the chair. "Look," She swallowed. "I...I have been angry for so long," Her small fingers clench onto the rim of the chair, "but...but I'm not anymore." Turning around slightly to face him, she whispered in a strained voice. "Thanks for coming. I...I hope you have safe drive back."

She heard her father murmur another apology to her but she chose to ignore him. Maya kept telling herself that his job was to stay with her. If he couldn't abide by that simple job then why should she forgive him? Walking back into Topanga's Café', she could still feel her bottom lip waver.

It's over.

It's over.

It's over.

Maya tried to keep reassuring herself that all the pain he caused was over. Could she believe that though? Would it ever be over?

I don't have to forgive him.

Sitting down on a bright orange chair, she saw that everyone was at the bar. Riley and Lucas had their backs turned from the door and they were in the middle of a deep conversation, it seemed.

It's just another door closed.

That's what went through her head as she gave the sweet pair a sad smile and walked out of the café.

"I get that you're trying to be her best friend, Riles." Lucas breathed. "I do." His green-eyes looked at her with a serious expression. "However, you can't push Maya about something that huge."

Riley looked down. "I was just trying to help my best friend, Lucas."

Lucas smiled, his expression knowing. "I know." He took a deep breath. "I also get what Maya's going through though as well." Lucas admitted. Biting his lip, his eyes turned into a deep, dark green. "I would know." The teen said it with such a heart-breaking tone. The words spit out of his mouth like he was on the edge of slamming his fist in the wall. There was quite enough venom in his tone to get Riley to stop questioning him. Until now, the brunette never realized how rough Lucas might have had it back in Texas.

Putting his hand on his shoulder, she instead just murmured. "You and Maya might have something in common after all."

Lucas gave her a bewildered stare. "What..." He trailed off as he slightly moved away from her.

The brunette shook her head as she let out a soft chuckle. "I better go." Riley said, tapping her fingers on the wooden bar. "Auggie has complained that I don't spend enough time with him." A staged, devious chuckle came from her pink lips as she grinned. "I'll show him!"

Lucas widened his green eyes at her comment, shaking his head in disbelief. "Wow! Things are changing."

The teen raised his eyebrows at her. "Do we like change?"

Riley looked at him, tilting her head. "Lucas, I'm still trying to figure that out myself."

The she turned around and walked away from him; her first crush.

It was that evening when the blonde got a text from Lucas himself.

Did you forgive him?

It read. Maya felt a tear fall down her face as she threw her phone down on the bed beside her. No, she didn't forgive him! Cuddling her small form around her plain, white pillow, she felt a bit angry at him. "I get why Riley kept pressuring me to forgive him." She mumbled. "That girl just can't seem to process the fact that someone can actually be a bad person." She brought her hand up to her eye, "but...but you can." Maya whispered. "So why are you pressuring me?"