Prologue

"August, baby!" Kennedy said when she saw him

Kennedy was so happy to see August. It's been one whole month without him, ever since his court case.

"Hey bae." August said sitting down

Kennedy placed her hand on top of his

"No touching!" the guard barked

Kennedy gave him the screw face and kept her hand on his

"You're so fucking cheesy." August said placing his hand on hers

"Asshole."

August left out a soft chuckle. He stared at the beautiful girl he ruined.

When he first meet her she didn't even curse. Now look at her. In an odd way he is proud. Kennedy used to let people walk all over her. Now his baby a scrapper.

"Why you lookin' at me like that Aug?"

"Kennedy I want you to forget about me." August blurted out

Kennedy burst out laughing but stopped when she saw how serious he looked

"Why would I do such a thing August. I love you.., I gave you my fucking virginity!" Kennedy said getting mad

"It ain't like that baby. Look at where you are? You always gonna come visit me in jail? I've said it before Kennedy. You need-you deserve better."

'How can I explain this?' August thought

"Kennedy I know sometimes that I would mistreat you, but you still come back. Your homegirls were always tryin' to reach you, but you weren't hearing any of that. They tried to get through to ya, they said I ain't shit. I don't know, cause girl we know its true."

"August-"

"Lemme finish Kennedy. Even when your folks told you, you should walk away you still stayed anyway. Girl, I think it's best for me to say this, I ain't no good. And your heart ain't something I should play with. So let's get this understood. I ain't trying to ruin your life. If anything I just want to make this right."

August paused and licked his lips

"I'm just your nigga next door. But Kennedy I see more for you, I see more for you baby. And you ain't gotta have no fear, no I'll always be here for you. I know you may not end up with me. Shit ion even deserves you cause I'm still playing outchea in these streets. You deserve better.I know that love can be blind. But just open your eyes, take a look in the mirror. Baby girl you a prize. What I can't do another nigga will."

"Baby I can't let you go. August you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. Don't ever doubt that. I'm down to ride for you."

"I know that, but you need a man Kennedy. A man who you ain't gonna worry 'bout him making it home to ya. A man who makes his money legal. Who can give you everything your heart desires. " August paused and took a deep breath. He ran his hand over his waves

"Kennedy I'm doing what I think is best for us. I want what's best for you, and a thug ain't it. If I make something of myself after I get out of this shithole, best believe you'll see me again."

"August what are you trying to say?" Kennedy asked tears welling up in her eyes

"I just wanna do what's best for you baby. I love you, but I need to let you go. "

August leaned over the table and grabbed Kennedy's face

"No touching!" the guard barked again

"Man shut up." August said before turning his attention back on Kennedy. He pressed his lips against hers and gave her a soft kiss.