Chapter 1

Authors note: I kinda got this idea from the TV show Twisted. I am using different characters and a slightly different back story . I promise not to copy everything from them, i just like the idea and i thought it would be a cool story! thanks! i hope you like it! :)

Niall's POV:

*BEEP*

The bell rang for school. I ran outside to get into the bus pick up line. I couldn't wait to get 'home'. It was a rainy day in London which is not a shocker. The bus finally came and all the children piled inside.

I was off to my friend Avery's house. She is like my sister. She lives on the other side of town and we go to different schools,but we still manage to see each other everyday! Her mom and my mom are best friends! Thats actually how we met. Our moms played Bunko together, and my mom brought me over to Avery's for us to play.

"Niall,we are here." I heard the grumpy bus driver say. I got up and ran out of the bus. I was so excited to see Avery. She just turned 12 a couple days ago and that is the last time we really talked!

I knocked on the door making sure it was loud enough for them to hear.

No response.

I knocked really hard and loud...

No answer.

I started to get worried and i was shivering because the rain was making me like a popsicle. I sat on the front porch swing waiting to see if someones car would pull up signaling when they got home,but that never happened.

I started to get really curious. Where could they be they were always home... And i mean always! They hardly ever came out of that house. And thats what i kinda liked about that family,they were never too social, meaning they had to know everyone in the city.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door lock jiggling. I shot up and smiled when Avery answered the door. She looked exhausted and guilty. I think she is just stressed for end of the year exams though, so i wasn't worried.

She let me inside. It was colder then usual. And may i say... Not so friendly.

I started shaking. Avery hasn't said a word to me since i walked in.

"I will be right back!" She said while walking out the back door.

She just left me alone. She has been acting weird. I didnt feel safe like i usually did in this house. I got up and ran towards the back door.

"Avery, is your mom h-" i stopped mid sentence. I couldn't believe my eyes. This can not be happening. This could not be happening. This can not be happening.