Charcoal Drawings

[I Even Made A Cover For This... But It Seems Cruddy To Me... XD ]

I Jerk Awake At The Sound Of My Father Screaming Profanities And Rapidly Honking His Horn. Ahhh... Who Doesn't Just Love Waking Up To Your Single Father's Cursing And Usual Road Rage. I Sigh, Pressing My Cheek Flush Against The Glass In Of Our Car's Window And Adjusting My Previously Asleep Legs. I Look Outside Scanning My New Surroundings.

Tree... Tree... Tree... Tree... And, Oh Wow, Wouldn't You Guess It, Another Tree! The Only OIther Thing I See Besides Trees Is The Car's Headlight IlluminatingThe Stretch Of Road Infront Of Us.

I Groan Quietly, Just Wishing I Could Get To The New House... And No, There Is No Way In Hell That I'd Ever Call It My Home. It Was Just A House. A Shelter, A Place To Brace Yourself From The Elements, Or So My Mother Told Me When She Ran Off...

And, If You Haven't Guessed It, My Mother Has Quite A Few Screws Loose, If You Know What I Mean. 'She's Always Been A Free Spirit' Was My Father's Only Excuse When I Questioned Him About Her Disappearance, Although It Never Truly Sated My Curiosity...

My Thought Were Brushed To The Side When I Was The House, A Gasp Passing My Lips As I Sat Up In My Seat. My Father Pulled The Car Into The Driveway And Stepped Out And I Did The Same. My Gaze Was Locked On The House, It's Charcoal Paint Framed By Stark White Accents That Stood Out Even In The Darkness Of The Night. Oh My... What Contrast... It's BEAUTIFUL! I Continued Gushing In My Mind About The Perfection Of The Massive House While My Father Grabbed His Bags Out Of the Trunk.

"Ahem, Earth To Niles!" He Whistled At Me From The Front Door, Finally Catching My Long-Lost Attention. He Chuckled. "Get Your Stuff Out Of The Trunk And Get Your Butt In Here Without Mind-Raping The Poor House." I Blushed And Flipped Him A Very Inappropriate Hand Gesture When His Figure Disappeared Into The House.

"For Your Information, The House Is Better For Mind-Raping Than Any Of The Chicks You've Brought Home, Jerk!" I Called Back To Him Loudly, Laughing As I Heard A Chuckle, A Thud, A Crash, And A Word That Is Not So Nice For Children. I Ignored The Commotion And Brushed My Hair To The Side With My Hand, Dragged My Bags Out Of The Trunk, And Shut It Behind Be Before Walking To The House.

I Looked Around The Space , My Father Had Already Switched On Most oF The Downstairs Lights So It Was Easy To See. Hmmm... Fully Furnished. Kicking Down A Lump In The Carpet That Was Most Likely Dad's Fault, I Made My Way Upstairs. This Place Definitely Had More Rooms Than We'd Ever Need... From What I Could Tell, There Was Four Total Rooms On The Top Floor, Three Bedroom And One More Than Gigantic Bathroom. Each Of The Rooms Had A Window, But The Last One In The Hall Had Probably The Biggest Window I've Ever Seen In My Life.

Yup. My Room.

I Quickly Turn On The Light Before I Tug My Shoes Off And Throw Them Next To The Door, Narrowing My Eyes Towards My Bed Which Is Bare Besides A Pillow And Thin Duvet Folded Towards The Bottom Edge.

And... Go!

I Run Partway Across The Wood Floor Before Freezing, Letting Myself Slide To The Bed Before I Jump Onto It With A Loud Giggle. I Nuzzle The Pillow, Reminding Myself That I Still Have The Mind of A Child, Then Slide Off And Stand Myself Up.

With A Stretch, I Walk Back To The Bags I Had Left At The Door And Drag Them Back, Throwing Them On The Mattress. I Winced At The Squeak The Comes From The Springs Before Opening One Of Them Up, Pulling Out A Pair Of Simple Light Grey Sweatpants And A White T-Shirt. I Quickly Change, Throwing My Other Clothes Onto The Bed In A Jumble Before Bolting Out The Door Once Again, Almost Falling Down The Stairs Twice Before Reaching The Bottom.

As I Look Through The Ground Floor, I Get A Better Sense Of The Modern Look It Seems To Go Well With... Large Windows Everywhere, That Would Be Letting The Natural Light Through In The Morning And Reducing Energy Costs. Spacious Living Room, Complete With A Large 'L' Shaped Couch And A Glass Coffee Table.

And The Kitchen... Ooohhh, The Kitchen... A Wonderland For A Cook! Grey Granite Countertops, Plenty Of Space, Tons Of Cupboards And A Mega Fridge... If Only I Could Cook Something Other Than Ramen Noodles And Mac And Cheese...

I Sigh And And Walk Back Up After My Thorough Investigation And Rating Of The House... Yup. I Have Design Skills That Could Put Home Decor Magazine To Shame. And This House Seemingly Passed With Flying Colors.

And My Current Objective, You Ask? I'll Just Give You A Plain Answer That You're Sure To Understand If You've Ever Moved Across States... I'm Going To Sleep.

I Grumble, Closing My Suitcase And Throwing It On The Floor Along With My Other Bags. Flopping Down On My Bed, I Stare At The Huge, Circular Window Across The Room, The Moonlight Passing Through The Panes Onto The Floors Is Just... Amazing...

My Thought Slow To A Stop As Sleep Devours Me Completely And I Close My Eyes. Hopefully Tomorrow Is Even Better...