one

one
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
lee jieun
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I think this dress is completely well designed, Jieun. Take this one!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"E-er, Mrs. Lee, I think Jieun would prefer the light and simple ones."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Jiyeon, dear, she's getting married. Not you."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Mrs. Lee, not to sound rude but-"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I don't believe that I've agreed with this shitty marriage plan you've mentioned, Mother." I said with a hint of anger and distaste at the tip of my tongue. My dearest, oh sickly sweet, Mother has decided that planning my future ahead of time was a wonderful idea. I agree! Indeed, very wonderful. I gritted my teeth until they made odd noises to which I halted. Can you sense the sarcasm that was way too abundant?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Making Jiyeon tag along wasn't the most effective plan but it's better than dragging our pretty princess Suji! Who knows what kind of dresses I would have to put on? I've scanned this shop for an approximate of twenty-three times and I bet that's how many dresses my Mom and Jiyeon have been arguing over.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It is true, I adored simple and light wedding dresses but at this situation, I'd rather wear my pyjamas from elementary school.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I detested this idea of marriage. Hell, the last time anyone discussed my love life was three years ago. When I began dating without a brain. The vague memories of locking hands with Jongin came to mind and a shiver ran through my whole body. Never again will I attempt to date him.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Last night, after the whole 'You're getting married or else you're going to get your ass whooped' incident, I locked myself up in my bedroom and kept silent for like... a minute or so. I was debating if I should call Suji or Jiyeon, if I could tell Jongin and Yixing. How would they react to me marrying a guy I didn't even know?
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Yeah right, let's see: "Hey guys! Uhm, guess who's getting married to save her ass from her wicked mother? Me!" or, "Guys! I'm getting married to some guy I barely know. Haha, yeah, totally agreed to it!" Evident lies.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Anyways, Jiyeon and Mom had finally decided on a dress. Took decades but it's here, finally! I spun on my heels (Vans, technically but let's not get into detail-) to see a pure white dress that would most probably reach right above my knee, a group of three white flowers placed on the belt of the dress. It didn't have straps or sleeves. I could already feel myself being exposed. I shivered at the thought. Let's hope it's not in a cold area. Wait.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Mom! I did not agree to get married to a fucktard I didn't even meet yet!" I raged. I could already feel her daggers, predicting that she would pull me by the ear like how she usually did so when I was a child.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And as predicted, she did. My ears felt warm, knowing they were turning into a light shade of red.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I told you to fix your act! Ladies do not swear so minimize your vocabulary!" She scolded me. Same old speeches, same old ear pulls and same old piercing glares. I got used to it by now. "And! You'll be meeting your soon-to-be-hubby," Que the suggestive eyebrows by Jiyeon and my cringing face. "later. At that nice restaurant you like eating at."
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Three...

Two...

One...
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Don't forget to eat like a lady. I don't need my daughter looking like an underfed gorrilla!"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
And finally, she leaves. I guess I'll have to purchase a dress I genuinely like. Oops.

- - -