Spelling Lessons (A Niam One Shot)

Niall hated grammatically uncorrect sentences and mispellings. He hated it. He always tried to use the right words when Tweeting or writing and everything. Of course, Twitter having the 140 character limit that it did, he sometimes had to cut down on the correct way. Sometimes. But mostly, he stuck to spelling right. The other boys spelled alright, too. Harry, Louis and Zayn were never terribly bad and when they were Niall understood (damn 140 character limit).

And then there was Liam.

Niall saw no point in adding ten extra 'G's to 'night', or fourteen 'Y's to 'anyways'. It annoyed the hell out of him and he knew Liam could spell right, but he did it anyways!

Sometimes Niall suspected he did it to annoy him (and sometimes Niall thought it was cute, but he didn't know why he thought that and usually ignored it). Niall never confronted Liam about this, since whenever he did the boy looked horribly adorable and he just couldn't bring himself to do it. He couldn't stay mad at him for long. It was impossible. He didn't know why, it just was.

Well, a lot of things about Liam were cute. The way he was so perky in the mornings. The way he loved Toy Story. The way he smiled that special smile at Niall, the one that had that emotion he could never place but loved anyways.

The Irish lad hung upside down on the couch, holding his phone carefully. He didn't want to break the screen like the last phone he'd had. It took forever to put his contacts and music and everything onto a new one. And, he sort of cried when he broke it. But he really loved his phone! The other lads had teased him to no end. Well, except for Liam. He had hugged him and reassured they would get a new phone. One of things he love -ah, liked- about Liam. He was always there for everyone.

"Whenever I close my eyes, I picture you there," he hummed. "I'm looking out at the crowd, you're everywhere. I'm watching you from the stage and your smile's on every face, now."

Liam's face flashed in his mind.

He stopped singing as the little (1) popped up, indicating there was one new tweet. It was Liam.

Liam Payne @Real_Liam_Payne

Hiiiii everyyyone.

Niall twitched. He felt the urge to toss his phone aside so he no longer had to look at that diabolical tweet.

It had been one minute since Liam posted it, and already it had 4,378 favorites and 2,671 retweets. He smiled; he loved his fans.

Liam Payne @Real_Liam_Payne

How are you guyyys?

That's it. Niall shot up and stomped to Liam's room.

The boy was lying on his bed, brown hair tousled from the pillow and chest bare. Niall skidded to a stop, gulping. He could wait until his best friend put some damn clothes on, 'cause it was just distracting, looking at those abs and chest that he longed to run his hands over- Wait, what?

He shook his head. What was wrong with him? He didn't have these thoughts for a guy. For Liam, his best friend (or, they weren't usually that coherent. He had those thoughts a lot, more than he'd like to admit). Not that there was anything wrong with liking guys or for that matter, Liam. Liam was completely perfect, with that feathery hair and those chocolate eyes with golden flecks in them and that wonderful smile that lit up Niall's day- Stop!

Liam looked up, smirking slightly. "Hey, Niall. What's up?"

Niall blinked. "Uhm... I wanted to.." what did he want to do again? He had forgotten since that way Liam's pajamas hung tantalizingly low on his hips. Ugh. Did he do that on purpose? "Oh yeah," he said. "I wanted to talk to you. Um, do you have to spell that way on Twitter?"