Chapter 5- Pride

March 5, 2017.
I have won my first few races, and my ego is growing.

"WOO!!! I won! Who's next? I'm ready!" I exclaim.
"Dude, don't let all that power go to your head." Drew approaches me with a piece of paper.
"What's with the paper?" I ask.
"Says here that your next race is with Barry Cuda, street racing champion. He's got a sick SRT4, so you better look out." Drew replies.

Barry Cuda. I've heard of him. Drew is right. I better look out.
The next day, My race with Barry is in a few minutes. I decide to strike up a conversation with him.

"Hello, Mr. Cuda. My name's John. It is a pleasure to meet you." I say politely.
Barry, on the other hand, isn't that polite. "Hey, kid. You're the loser that has to race me? Pathetic. You may have taken your first steps in the racing business, but I have WAY more experience than you. You're going down, kid."

Wow. And I thought I had a big ego.

The race is about to start. I look to my right, at Barry, and he shoots the evil eye at me. I can hear him mouth the words "you're dead". Well, you know what? He is about to eat those words. We take off. Barry is way ahead of me already. He must have did a lot of work on that SRT4. I speed up and inch closer to him, but he truly is a challenge. Eventually, he gets so far ahead, I can't even spot him anymore. Oh no.

It'll take a miracle for me to catch up.