Error

Can't we be together?
Can't she love me back?

A five year old Youngji was dragged by men in tuxedos, towards a sleek black car, while she screamed and cried to let go of her.

The men pushed her inside the car while the little girl cried and tried to free herself.

"Eomma..  I don't want to go!" She said and drifted off to sleep due to being tired from all the yelling and crying.

She woke up in an unfamiliar room and got startled by the presence of a young boy who stood beside her. He observed her every move and stared at her with loving and adoring eyes.

"Who are you?" She asked with her innocent voice.

"Hongbin. Lee Hongbin, you must be Youngji?" He said with that gentle smile of his, revealing his dimples.

She nodded her head and followed the older boy to what seemed to be, the dining room.
"Appa!" Hongbin cheered and ran to his father's lap.
His father ruffled his hair and took out some candies for him.
"Here, these are for being a Good son." His father said while adoring his angel-like son.

He looked at a frightened Youngji who was hiding behind a chair and approached her. "Youngji-yah, here you go." He said handing her some candies.

"T-Thank you." She said and took the candies from him.

"Oh! Youngji-ah? You're awake?" Her mother said, walking into the room.

"Eomma!" She beamed, running towards her mother who held her arms out to hug her.

Hongbin and his father smiled at the mother-daughter bonding between Youngji and her mother.

"Oh.. Oppa, you're here?" Youngji's mother said happily while putting Youngji down and hugging Hongbin's father.
Youngji was horrified at the sight.

"Youngji-ah, this is Hongbin's father. My bestfriend in college, we'll be staying with them for a while okay?" Her mother said with a reassuring smile while caressing her cheeks.

Hongbin walked towards her and held out his hands for her to take it. Youngji was surprised but didn't hesitate to hold it. "Come on. I'll show you my room." He said and pulled her towards the stairs. Their house was huge. With many rooms and large windows, she was flabbergasted at the sight.

"Youngji-ah, this is my room! Come on in!" Hongbin said pulling her in.

"Woah.. it's really big! And.. nice." She commented.

"You know, you can stay here with me if you want to." He said, arms crossed and eyebrows twitching.

"Really? Can I?" She gasped.

"Ummm.." he nodded happily.

"Yay!!" She cheered, smiling ever so happily.

That night, Hongbin's father bought a new bed for them ; a bunk bed.

Hongbin climbed up to his bed, and Youngji neatly arranged her sheets.

As they were about to sleep, Hongbin heard Youngji crying.

"Youngji-ah? What happened? Are you scared?" He asked her, while peeping from the side of his bed.

"Ani.. I, I just miss my dad." She said and turned around so that she was facing him now.

"Oh.. I sometimes, miss my mom too." He stated, sadness could be heard from his voice.

"Why? I mean, Where is your mom?" She asked.

"Eomma's in heaven. She died when I was just 2, so I don't remember anything about her. I've only seen pictures of us together." He said faking a smile.