A Camp Green Lake Story

"This world isn't just cut out for me." I yelled through my pillow.

I wiped my tears on my sleeve and got up to get ready for 

my stupid parent-teacher conference. My mom nagged me the whole way to school. 

"I can't believe I have to go to school on a Saturday." 

"I can't believe you'd spit on a teacher. Sadie Candace Chance! You will listen to me when I talk to you!" she yanked the earphone's out. 

"More like yelling." I mumbled to myself. 

"What did you say?!" Her temper was rising. 

"Nothing." I decided not to rebel for once. 

We reached the school at around ten, I go to Greyvine School for the Gifted Children. It's a real rich public school. I got out of the car to see the stupid tiger mascot we had. Stupid school, I thought. 

We walked to the office to find more than just Mr. Ellis and Principal Carson. There were several police officers and the school's super intendant, Mrs. Syklee. 

"Good morning Mrs. Chance." 

The principal shook my mom's hand. 

"Please, have a seat." 

"We have more concerns than just the incident in which Sadie had spit on Mr. Ellis." The principal spoke grimly. 

"Daryl, if you will." The first police officer stood up. 

"We have found a stash of marijuana in not only her school locker but her gym locker and swim locker as well." 

My mother looked outraged. 

"That shit's not mine!"

"We'd like to take her to court. Tomorrow, if you please." 

Me? Court? No! 

"He made fun of Harry Potter! I had to spit on his stupid ass! He was totally bitching on life mom! He didn't know when to quit! Stupid nut sack of shit!"

"Then I'll see you tomorrow." My mom stood up ad left the room. 

...

The next day at court the judge spoke. 

"You spit on your teacher, why?" I could tell he wanted to laugh.

"Cause it made fun of Harry Potter." I didn't hesitate.

"You realize that-"

"I didn't do anything wrong, except spit on a bitch and smoke some weed, so what's my punishment?" I said flatly.

"Well since your so funny, I'll let you off easy. Eighteen months community service plus one week house arrest." He slammed his hammer thing.

"What? Why?" Stupid judge!

"By the way, you'll be digging at Camp Green Lake, you have one week to pack. Don't leave your house." He winked and walked away. 

...

"Ugh!" I grunted as they put the little bracelet around my ankle. The man glanced at me with a grimace. Fuck him! Fuck all of them, that's what I thought.

"Go pack your things." My mom said harshly. 

"But I'm not leaving until Saturday! That's a whole week-"

"I don't care! Just stop. Go pack." That time she was calm.

"Urgh!" I stomped upstairs to my room. And opened my bag to throw all my underwear and socks. I threw in six deodorants, four new toothbrushes, my journal and a couple of pajamas. I rummaged under my bed for my bong and my weed and rolled it in my socks. This would last long enough.