The Bra Code

1.  Always be honest to your Best friends' faces. No matter what. Always and forever. To infinity and beyond.

The consequences of lying to her are the same as what you learned in kindergarten: you lose all her trust. You may gain it back over time, but it’ll take a little while. She’s supposed to be able to trust you.

Exception:

 I guess if you become a spy, and the only option to keep her safe is to keep her out of the line of fire by lying, I guess she’ll have to forgive you. But only then!

2. If you have a thing for your best friend’s man, don't flaunt your stuff like a pole dancer on a Friday night, he probably won't like it.

 If you break this rule: you are kind of a horrible person (not to mention slut), and I hope there is more to the story. Your friend has every right to choose whatever punishment for this she sees fit.

Exceptions:

 Your friend doesn’t actually want to be with the guy, and she asked you to give her an excuse to dump him, by convincing him to cheat on her with you.

If she asked you to help her test his loyalty.  But that doesn't happen often, right?

 Put your low-cut shirt back in your closet now!

3. Never, ever, under any circumstance, like your best friend's ex

If you ever find yourself liking him, you must:

 A.) fight any urges you might have to be with him.

 B.) Tell your friend. If she says it's okay, it still probably isn't, though.

Exception:

Only if your friend dies, becomes a lesbian, or gets married, are you able to so much as consider feelings for this guy.

 4. When at any function involving dancing with your best friend, if she likes to dance, you must humor her by at least accompanying her to the dance floor.

If you break this rule, don’t complain when she ditches you for the night for other people who will dance with her.

Exceptions:

If you are injured (in any area of the body that should keep you from standing).

If you have a date. However, you should then at least spend five minutes with your friend.

If she were to not want you to dance with her, you are off the hook.

5. A true friend lets you borrow her clothes the first time, but her decision to continue lending you anything depends on how you pass that test. It is your duty to return all pieces of clothing to your friend.

 Any girl in violation of this rule must pay her friend back in full (with interest of course). Either in money, or value (meaning pay her back with that dress she’s been wanting, but you won’t lend her. It’s hers now.)

Exceptions:

 It is ugly and you are doing your friend a favor by burning it.

 She said you could keep it forever. Then, knock yourself out!

7. Any girl who is ever caught in the cross fires of the break up between two friends must make a decision, and choose wisely. Your choices are to be caught in the drama, or make it clear that you are neutral territory in the situation.

Any girl who does not step out of the picture risks losing friends, as well as hurting feelings. It is most likely for you to lose one, and it will probably be the one you don’t want to lose, or you will lose both.

Exceptions:

 If you are part of the reason they are breaking up, it is your duty to help try and repair their relationship, or at least comfort your best friend. She is going through a break up; she needs a friend. Be that friend.

7. When you fight with another girl, just friggin’ walk away, everyone loves a good cat fight, but boy do they get annoying... and violent.

 If you break this rule, then I think the consequences will just come naturally when all hell breaks loose and she takes revenge on you for whatever you do.

Exception:

 If she trash talks your best friend. However, the only thing that can be justified is flipping her the bird and walking away. Not doing anything will mess with her more, though.

8. If ever jealous of their best friend, any girl must take a step back, look in the mirror, and slap themselves silly. You have everything you need, and it’s stupid to hate your good friend, not to mention risk losing them, over petty envy.

If you find yourself jealous, tell your friend. She won’t make you feel bad. In fact, it’s her job to help you realize how awesome you are without being her.

Exceptions:

Clothing. Don’t be jealous of family’s, houses, grades, or boyfriends, but no one can blame you for wanting that brand new pair of heels she has stashed in the back of her closet. Just ask before you take them home.

9. A girl may date her best friend’s brother (or sister) or cousin, or any other relatives if:

  She checks with her friend first.

 The relationship will not affect the friendship between the girl and her best friend.

 The potential for the break up has been considered, and she will not let the break up affect her relationship with her best friend.

Any girls who break these rules, are punished by the likely loss of the friendship, because let’s face it: no girl wants her best friend to get her heart broken by her brother, and have to choose sides.

Exceptions: If the friend hates her brother, he is completely off limits. It’s your job to hate him, too, as her best friend.

10. If ever in a fight with your best friend, don’t expect an apology. Let’s face it; we’re girls! We are proud, and about ninety-five percent of us refuse to be wrong

             Trying to make your friend apologize first will only make you look bad in all honesty.  Just get over it.

             Exception:  None