Secrets & Promises (George Shelley/Union J)

Lauren's POV

After struggling to pack my four suitcases for the past three hours because of my fucked up leg, I was finally done. You're probably wondering what happened to my leg. Well, it's more of my foot which I fractured something in it, and my thigh is badly bruised. UIf I told you what happened you probably wouldn't believe me.

My life is pretty complicated. Considering, my mom, my older brother Josh and my older sister Nicole live in England and I live in New Jersey with my dad. You could say that's pretty complicated.

My phone vibrated making me snap out of my thoughts. I hopped over to the other side of my bed and picked up my phone. As I checked to see who it was I feared for the worst. My fear went away when it was only Josh. I opened it up and read it.

From: Josh :) 

Heeey Lauren! So basically me and the lads are excited and can't wait for you to come visit!

I smiled when I read it. 'The lads' are my brother's bandmates. My brother is in a band with three other cheeky lads. Union J to be exact. I hit the 'type message here' and started typing away.

To: Josh :) 

Jooooosh! I'm seriously still in shock that I'm coming to stay with you for 4 months! I'll see you when I get there!

I hit send and threw my phone onto my bed. Walking into my bathroom, I closed the door and bent over. I took the elastic holding my hair in a messy bun out. I put my long brown hair back into a better messy bun and stood back up noticing that you could see the bruise from my ex-boyfriend under my eye.

Taking out my foundation and cover up from my make up bag, I placed them on the counter. Once I was done covering it up, I placed my make up back in my bag and opened the door to my bathroom. I grabbed my make up bag and brought it into my bedroom and tried to fit it in one of my suitcases.

Before I was finally done, I grabbed my crutches and walked over to my dresser. I opened the top drawer and took out my diary. Holding it in one hand, I walked over to my backpack and stuffed it in there.

After I was done, I checked the time on my alarm clock. It read, 11:30am. Meaning I only had 15 minutes till I had to leave the house and go to the airport. I made my way over to my closet and took out my guitar.

I walked back over to my bed and placed it with my stuff. Taking a seat on my bed, I checked my messages on my phone to see that no one texted me. I feel so unpopular.

"Lauren, are you ready sweetheart?" My dad asked with a knock on the door.

"Yes dad, I'm ready and yes dad, you can come in," I told him. In came my dad with the cheekiest grin on his face that I've ever seen.

"Are you seriously bringing that much stuff?" He questioned me with a look of 'are you kidding me?' I just smiled at him.

"Okay, let's go Lauren," my dad sighed. I stood up and grabbed my backpack.

Next I grabbed my phone and put it in the pocket of my grey soccer hoodie. Finally I picked up my crutches and followed my dad out into the hallway who seemed to be struggling with my suitcases.

He slid them down the stairs one by one and just carried my guitar down with him. If he slid that down the stairs, I would've been so mad. It took me about a good ten minutes to walk down the stairs, which gave my dad time to load up the truck.