Chapter 1; Peeping Dallon

It was around noon when he had gotten the idea. His parents had been very secretive lately, locking the door to their bedroom ever since they had made a mess out of the filing cabinet they had in their room. But Dallon wasn't stupid, he was quite smart actually, his parents never knew about that because they never had gone to any parent teacher conferences. He didn't mind though.

Dallon lay on his bed, waiting for his parents to go off on their date. Brendon, his friend, was supposed to come over and babysit Dallon. Yes, babysit. Let's just say, a while back, Dallon had problems-well he still does- with people at school. And that had lead to Dallon almost ending his life by overdosing on Xanax his brother had.

Although, Dallon is over that, he still has problems with himself, but its nothing that is dangerous enough to put him or others in harm's way. But in his parents eyes, Dallon needs Brendon to babysit him.

There was a knock at the door and Dallon rose quickly, and ran downstairs in a matter of seconds. Laurel, Dallon's mother, opens the door and invites Brendon inside.

Dallon smiles and runs to Brendon, hugging him and picking him up by the waist, giving the older, yet shorter boy, a twirl. Dallon was so fucking glad that Brendon was here now, he was kind of done with his parents' bullshit today.

"I see you're happy..." Laurel says, raising her eyebrows. Dallon rolls his eyes, before setting Brendon down.

Once he does, he turns to her and says, "See ya! Have a nice date with Dad!" pushing her out the door, Dallon still ignoring her words.

"We'll be back home by 10!"

Once the car has left, Dallon turns to Brendon and smirks. "Let's play a game." He says mischievously.

"No, thanks, Dal." Brendon replies and sighs walking to the couch. Dallon's face falls for a moment, that stupid yet charming smirk ebbing away, but then making a comeback just seconds later.

"Please! I will pay you with my sister's panties! Which is kinda gross since you like her and my brother at the same time, but if you help me play this game. Swear on my life I'll give them to you." Dallon bargains as he follows Brendon to the couch.

"Give me your brother's hoodie and one oversized sleeping shirt and we have a deal... lose the panties... I think I only like dick."

"Okay! Deal!" Dallon chirps  and nods his head, smiling from ear to ear. He stands up and pulls Brendon along with him. Groaning, Brendon follows Dallon upstairs and into his room.

He searches through his things, desperately trying to find a bobby pin. Brendon looks around Dallon's room as the other searches for something. It's been what? 6 months since he's been here? God, you forget a lot of things when you're in the army across the world for a few months.

"Fuck yes! Found it!" Dallon says holding a box full of bobby pins triumphantly. He tosses it to Brendon and he questions Dallon's motive to why he needs bobby pins and why he tossed it to him.

"What do you want me to do with these?" Brendon asks, Dallon smirks again, "Open the door to my parents' room."

"What? Why?" Brendon questions. He rolls his eyes and pulls Brendon to the hallway and down it to  the room.

"Open or you won't get the hoodie and shirt." Brendon nods, not wanting to lose the chance of getting Ryan's clothes.

He kneels in front of the door and places a single bobby pin into the keyhole. He jiggles it for a moment and pushes it in.

It clicks.

"Presto," Brendon says and smirks, Dallon claps and hugs his friend. The other moves out of the way and lets his friend go into the room. Once he's in, Dallon spots the large cabinet and runs to it, pulling the drawers open, yanking all of files out of the drawers. He then, opens a few, some are just taxes and utility bills, which Dallon tosses to the side. He was starting to lose hope once he looked through the first two drawers. While Dallon does that, Brendon looks through the third and last one, he first finds birth certificates but then he gets to the files in the back.

He opens one and he shuts it, Brendon hands it over to Dallon with a few other ones along with it.

Dallon looks at his friend, giving him a questioning look. But Brendon doesn't appear to show any emotion, all of the colour has nearly left his face as a matter of fact.

Dallon opens it, and there was...

no no no.

It can't be true.

Dallon ran his fingers along to read the words, his heart racing, fingers trembling.

He's adopted.

----

A/N

*le gasp* Mister Dallon is adopted!!!!¡¡ I don't know about you but if I found out I was adopted after 18 or so years I would have gotten so fucking mad at my parents.