Chapter one: the new kid

The time of year was September, cold but still warm enough to wear shorts.

Jean sat in his seat, staring at the door as a new face entered. He whispered something to the teacher, too quiet for him to hear exactly what, but all he could make out was "new." The teacher then stood to face the class. "This is Marco Bodt, and he will be joining us for the rest of the year and possibly years to come." The shy boy wore tan shorts, and a black top, the shirt appearing to be a bit to big for him. The teacher pointed to a seat near the window, by Jean Kirstien. "Sit there." The teacher said firmly, returning to his lesson. Marco walked to his seat shyly, his body shaking slightly as he sat down. "H-hello..." He looked at Jean. Jean stayed silent, only nodding in response and giving a wave. Time had passed and the class had ended, time for the students to go back to their dorms. "H-hey!" Marco yelled to Jean. "Your name is Jean right? I hope I'm not pronouncing it wrong!!" Marco smiled patiently. "Yeah, what's up?" Jean said gently. "Do you know where dorm 420 B is?" Marco looked at Jean. "I mean I should, it's my dorm, so your bunking with me now?" Jean chuckled softly. "Come on, I'll show you the way." He smiled, offering Marco a hand.